Delhi High Court today dismissed a petition filed by Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and others seeking to quash a money laundering case filed by Enforcement Directorate (ED) under Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).The ED has registered a case against Mr Singh, is wife Pratibha Singh, son Vikramaditya and another accused person Chunni Lal in September, 2015 and took cognizance of a criminal complaint filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
A chargesheet was filed by CBI on March 31, when the high court refused to quash the FIR lodged against the chief minister and his wife in the disproportionate assets case.
Now the Enforcement Directorate has summoned, Virbhadra Singh (83), his wife Pratibha Singh and son Vikramaditya Singh for further question, though no date has been set yet. Singh after getting bail had said, "It's a political vendetta". It has said that seeking a stay on the proceedings was "not maintainable" as the inquiry into the matter was at a preliminary stage. "His medical issues are common, so medical ground shouldn't considered".
Here's where Republicans' health care plans stand
Sanders says the White House is focused on the "end product" which she says is repealing and replacing the health care law. Sasse, meanwhile, said he would like to see a bill that would repeal Obamacare "with a delay".
The probe agency had alleged that Singh, while serving as Union minister, had invested huge amounts in purchasing Life Insurance Corp. of India (LIC) policies in his and his family members' names through LIC agent Anand Chauhan. He was arrested by the ED under provisions of the PMLA as he was allegedly not cooperating with the investigating officer of the case.
It has also attached assets worth about Rs14 crore in the case under the PMLA.
- Adieu Kylian? Mbappe deletes Monaco from Twitter profile
- Résultat Loto : Le tirage du 3 juillet 2017 en vidéo
- Assistants parlementaires : l'eurodéputée FN Marie-Christine Boutonnet mise en examen
- Greek Coast Guard Opens Fire on Turkish Cargo Ship in Aegean Sea
- Massive hammerhead shark catch caught on drone video
- Several injured when taxi hits pedestrians at Boston airport
- Britney Spears mobbed at Western Wall ahead of Tel Aviv concert
- Ready for Prime Day? Amazon Prime membership is £59 until midnight tonight
- Peter Sagan gagne au sprint la 3e étape
- BCECEB to compensate NEET aspirants for denying them to sit for counselling