More than 50 firefighters from Whistler Fire Rescue Service, Whistler Backcomb, and the B.C. Wildfire Branch are responding, with at least five aircraft dropping water and fire retardant on the fire. By the evening, it was 20 hectares in size and had grown to 60 hectares by Sunday morning.
"It is a human-caused fire, and it is under investigation", said Drysdale.
But a gentle south wind was forecast to pick up speed into the day, and that should lift that inversion, Drysdale said.
Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
C’est également le cas de l’attaquant de Liverpool Christian Benteke. C’est ce que vous découvrirez dans cet article.
"[There are] 43 firefighters assigned to that fire", Drysdale said. They were joined by four wildfire officers who help manage the fire and oversee safety, and two danger tree fallers. Innergex, the company that operates the dam, could not immediately be reached.
Drysdale said that as of 10 p.m. PT, the fire was being held, which is one step before being under control.
Meanwhile, a lightning-caused fire discovered almost a week ago 12 kilometres east of Burton in the West Kootenay is now 60 per cent contained, and a 156-hectare fire about 12 kilometres west of Kamloops that is suspected to be human-caused is now 80 per cent contained.
- LG unwraps G Pad IV 8.0 FHD LTE Tablet in Korea
- France's EDF raises cost estimates for Hinkley Point
- Superdry Sport standalone stores to be launched by fashion retailer
- South Africa skipper du Plessis to miss first Test
- Bank of England facing first strike from workers in 50 years
- Energy bill cap to be considered by Ofgem
- Pete Frates 'Resting Comfortably' At MGH Amid False Report Of Death
- Le gouvernement envisage de revoir son calendrier — Politique fiscale
- Tropical weather has 60 percent chance of becoming more organized this week
- More Enforcement For No-Wake Zones