Today's Doodle marks the 140th year of the Wimbledon championships. Two tennis rackets can also be seen in action with a ball in the animated doodle, whereas the letters of the word "Google" represent the audiences sitting in the background.
It all started with the announcement in the leisure magazine called "The Field" on June 9, 1877 that The All England Croquet and Lawn Tennis Club, Wimbledon will now hold a lawn tennis meeting which will be open for all new/ old tennis players, on Monday July 9 and following days. "The tournament is known for its grass courts, perfectly maintained to a neat 8mm - a sturdy height for fast-moving feet", Google wrote of the sporting event.
Without Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova in the fray, there's an undeniable lack of star power but that provides the sport's less heralded names to steal the limelight in the third Grand Slam of the year.
Seven-time Wimbledon champions Roger Federer, ranked fifth in the tournament, returns as a favourite.
Londonderry security alert a 'hoax'
Some homes were evacuated the Glengalliagh Park area of the city on Sunday evening after the suspicious object was found. SDLP councillor Brian Tierney told the BBC that bomb disposal officers are carrying out assessments.
"Each year, hundreds of players take a shot at winning this Grand Slam event".
Great Britain's Andy Murray attends the Wimbledon Preview press conference.
Rafael Nadal follows against John Millman while Johanna Konta has recovered from a back injury and will face Su-Wei Hsieh.
The tennis tournament attracts over 500,000 spectators for two weeks every year.
- IPhone prices in India down by 7.5 per cent
- Carmelo Anthony Open to Waiving No-Trade Clause for Cavs or Rockets
- Liverpool respond to approach from Euro giants for attacker, name asking price
- Coupe des Confédérations - L'Allemagne décroche son premier sacre !
- Mercato : John Terry va signer un gros contrat à Aston Villa
- Three Big Brother nominations announced
- Washington lève l'interdiction des ordinateurs en cabine sur les vols d'Etihad
- Earnest Partners LLC Boosts Stake in Lloyds Banking Group PLC (NYSE:LYG)
- ASUS' 'Zenfone' smartphones now available at exciting prices
- L'arrêté anti-burkini validé par la cour administrative d'appel de Marseille — Sisco