A banner with an anti-Semitic slur and fliers left on cars in a New Jersey township are related to the arrest of several area haredi Orthodox couples for welfare fraud. He also reminded the public of the $10,000 reward from the state for information that leads to a bias crime conviction. The word "Heebs" is an ethnic slur used for Jews, and the use of triple parentheses around the word is an antisemitic symbol known as an "echo", to highlight Jews, predominantly used to flag people perceived to be Jewish on social media, singling them out for harassment.
The local authorities announced that they are offering a $10,000 reward for any information leading to those responsible for the act after New Jersey's Anti-Defamation League chapter tweeted a picture of the banner over the memorial.
The incident occurred after seven couples in the local Jewish community, including the rabbi and his wife, were arrested on suspicion of lying about their incomes in order to receive public welfare benefits.
Christopher Porrino, the state's attorney general called the vandalism "sickening".
West Ham hold talks about signing Javier Hernandez from Bayer Leverkusen
Now 29 years old, Hernandez made a total of 36 appearances across all competitions for Leverkusen last season, scoring 13 goals . Hence, West Ham can benefit from the tension if they are able to match Arsenal's asking price.
In another incident, anti-Semitic fliers referencing the recent arrests were placed on the windshields of dozens of cars in Lakewood. It is now unclear whether the same people were responsible for both the incidents.
The group behind the banner has a number of hateful comments on its website, which claims "White Americans" will soon: "be a minority in the nation they built".
The ADL reports the number of anti-Semitic incidents in the U.S. this year is 86 per cent higher than it was at the same point in 2016.
- Two pieces of Babe Ruth memorabilia sell for over 4 million
- Murder investigation launched following man's death in Grays
- Red Dead Redemption 2: 12 Screenshots You Need To See
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) Position Increased by Wheatland Advisors Inc
- Maitama Sule: Kano declares work-free day
- Zuma 'impressed' by quality of debate of ANC stalwarts despite criticism
- Air India flight plies with no AC: Passengers complain of suffocation
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS launched at 2017 Goodwood FoS
- Find emojis, apply text fonts in new WhatsApp for Android version
- Back Again … Again: SpaceX Craft Heads for Historic 2nd Splashdown