A 16-year-old girl has been killed in a hit-and-run in Croydon after an Audi crashed into pedestrians in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Seven teenagers, believed to have been on their way back from a party at the Forestdale Forum, were hit by a red Audi A3 convertible between the junctions with Selsdon Park Road and Linton Glade.
A man in his 30s has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by unsafe driving in connection with a fatal crash in Forestdale in which a 16-year-old girl was killed.
The motorist fled the residential area on foot.
A Met Police spokesman said: "At this early stage it is believed the vehicle was travelling at speed before it lost control at a corner and collided with the pedestrians".
Lawrence Homewood Police leaving the scene in Pixton Way after remov
The six injured teenagers, both male and female, are being treated at a number of London hospitals.
The incident is not believed to be terror related and police say there is nothing to suggest the auto was driven deliberately at the group.
The man attended a south London police station this afternoon and he was arrested on suspicion of causing death by risky driving. "Inquiries are under way to trace and arrest him".
"There is evidence to suggest he suffered a head injury during the collision so he may need medical assistance".
Anyone with information can call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Catford on 020 8285 1574 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Lafargeholcim Ltd (VTX:LHN) PT Set at CHF 60 by S&P Global
ILLEGAL ACTIVITY NOTICE: This piece of content was first published by Sports Perspectives and is owned by of Sports Perspectives. UBS Group AG Company Profile UBS Group AG is a holding company and conducts its operations through UBS AG and its subsidiaries.
- West Brom sign Jay Rodriguez from Southampton in £12m deal
- Italy needs help with migrants — Grandi
- Swampscott man killed in Saugus crash
- Jet Airways top official arrested in land grabbing case
- Trump to Telephone Leaders of Japan and China
- Bajaj Pulsar NS160 launched in India at Rs 80648
- L'assistance vidéo à l'arbitrage, un "grand succès" selon Infantino
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- USA approves 1st arms sale to Taiwan under Trump
- The Free Iran Gathering Opens in Paris