Lawyers representing Baylor University confirmed the school is under an NCAA investigation as a result of the sexual assault scandal that played a role in Art Briles' firing as the head football coach.
Up until this point, Baylor officials have been reluctant to confirm whether or not an official investigation from the NCAA was taking place, and the court filing essentially removes all doubt.
Baylor contends the school must maintain the confidentiality of the NCAA's investigation process, though the school could turn over some information to plaintiffs' attorneys who make specific requests.
In May, ESPN had reported that the NCAA had conducted interviews with Baylor officials, former employees and alleged victims. NCAA officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment Monday.
Disparition inquiétante d'une jeune touriste — Biarritz
Une situation jugée très inquiétante car elle est atteinte d'une maladie orpheline et doit prendre un lourd traitement. La jeune touriste a emporté avec elle sa carte Vitale et sa carte bancaire, mais pas de pièce d'identité.
Baylor has been marred by scandal for over a year as more than a dozen women have come forward and filed lawsuits alleging the schools mishandled or ignored their rape claims.
In May 2016, Baylor released a findings of fact document compiled by law firm Pepper Hamilton, who had investigated whether the school failed to properly handle accusations of sexual assault committed by members of the football team.
The 6-foot-4, 308-pound Fairley, 29, had a career-best 6½ sacks last season, after which he signed a four-year extension worth up to $28 million.
- PM Narendra Modi greets nation on Eid
- Beyonce and Jay-Z take twins home
- Marvel's INHUMANS Gets A Poster And Air Date
- Ron Howard to meg Star Wars Han Solo movie
- Sept Marocains probablement parmi les victimes (Rabat) — Incendie à Londres
- May reaches deal with DUP to back Tories through Brexit
- Kelly Osbourne slams Starbucks over restroom incident
- Chance the Rapper honored at BET Awards
- Trump lashes out at Obama over latest report on Russian election meddling
- Hamilton -- Vettel is 'disgrace', 'prove you're a man'