Lawyers representing Baylor University confirmed the school is under an NCAA investigation as a result of the sexual assault scandal that played a role in Art Briles' firing as the head football coach.
Up until this point, Baylor officials have been reluctant to confirm whether or not an official investigation from the NCAA was taking place, and the court filing essentially removes all doubt.
Baylor contends the school must maintain the confidentiality of the NCAA's investigation process, though the school could turn over some information to plaintiffs' attorneys who make specific requests.
In May, ESPN had reported that the NCAA had conducted interviews with Baylor officials, former employees and alleged victims. NCAA officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment Monday.
Kushner reveals technology retired in 1980s still used by Pentagon
White House officials said they did not face any reluctance from the tech sector to participate in the event, Reuters reports. He is now the Director of the Office of American Innovation , an office created by Trump and his administration.
Baylor has been marred by scandal for over a year as more than a dozen women have come forward and filed lawsuits alleging the schools mishandled or ignored their rape claims.
In May 2016, Baylor released a findings of fact document compiled by law firm Pepper Hamilton, who had investigated whether the school failed to properly handle accusations of sexual assault committed by members of the football team.
The 6-foot-4, 308-pound Fairley, 29, had a career-best 6½ sacks last season, after which he signed a four-year extension worth up to $28 million.
- Pénalisés, Alonso et Vandoorne partiront en fond de grille — GP d'Azerbaïdjan
- "Concerning" that buildings are failing safety tests - UK PM's spokesman
- Écologistes et socialistes se verront lundi
- Marvel's INHUMANS Gets A Poster And Air Date
- Options for Supreme Court on Trump travel ban
- Cavendish confirmed for Tour de France
- Chance the Rapper honored at BET Awards
- Trump lashes out at Obama over latest report on Russian election meddling
- Israelis mark Yoga Day on 1500 mats depicting the future
- Turkey rejects Arab terms to Qatar, US urges sides to talk