Since the Los Angele Lakers selected former UCLA point guard Lonzo Ball with the second overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, it put his father LaVar Ball in the forefront of the local sports media scene. Ball, a 19 year old point guard, joins a Lakers team that finished 26-56 last season and has picked 2nd in the draft three consecutive years.
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong).
LaVar Ball has the personality of a WWE superstar at this point, but all he is trying to do is hype up his son Lonzo's National Basketball Association career.
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) - Magic Johnson pointed a long index finger at the wall of the Los Angeles Lakers' training complex, where the 16-time National Basketball Association champions' nine retired numbers hang over the practice court. He compared Lonzo to Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.
"We expect a Ball jersey hanging up there, all right?" "Right now, I'm hoping [Lonzo] leads us to a couple summer league victories, and we'll take it from there."? And I said, OK, that's all I needed to hear. Lonzo Ball eyes Lakers championship bling.
Buffett's company buys 10 pct of real estate investment firm
However, after the news of the Berkshire Hathaway investment, shares have risen 10 percent in early Monday trading. Berkshire Hathaway Inc is a holding company owning subsidiaries engaged in various business activities.
"I already told him that", Johnson said. D'Angelo is an excellent player. We want to start building a successful team, and you need to have a great leader and somebody that can make their teammates better.
As Magic's Magic, Lonzo's the type of unselfish player who makes everyone around him better ... or, in other words, the kind of player the Lakers haven't had since Magic. The availability of top point guard prospects in this year's draft made Russell expendable, and so Magic seized the opportunity to sell low on Russell in order to send Timofey Mozgov's disgusting four-year, $64 million contract out the door on his coattails. "I'm truly blessed to be able to play in my hometown, and I can't wait to get on the court". The tide has turned. Lakers fans should be excited.
These days, everyone wants a piece of LaVar, and it now appears the WWE is trying to capitalize on his time in the sun.
Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak had a similar plan several times in recent seasons, believing they could build another super-team around Kobe Bryant. So let's just say Paul George stays for a season.
- Supreme Court battle over political districts unlikely to affect California's system
- Matthieu Delormeau en froid avec les chroniqueurs ? Sa mise au point — TPMP
- First woman leads Buckingham Palace Changing of the Guard ceremony
- The Case for and Against The Home Depot, Inc. (HD)
- North Korea dismiss Moon call for united Pyeongchang team
- Five Republican senators now oppose health care bill as written
- Donald Trump welcomes 'true friend' as PM Modi arrives in Washington
- Blockading countries send list of 13 demands to Qatar
- Fire crews battle blaze at apartment complex near Seminole Heights
- Clashes hit Indian Kashmir on Eid festival