Reyes actually accepted the fight on short notice after last competing a few weeks ago, but he certainly looked ready to go as soon as the referee started the bout.
Reyes immediately came after Christensen with a barrage of strikes, landing a series of lefts and rights while backing him up against the cage.
Now, Reyes is working towards another goal: becoming UFC champion. He lived up to it when he dropped Christensen with a massive punch early in the opening frame then quickly finished the job.
Energetic Bruno Mars opens BET Awards; Migos win
I can think of no better legacy to leave, and I am thrilled to celebrate you here tonight, and honored to call you my friend. Jamie Foxx, Queen Latifah, Trevor Noah, Jada Pinkett Smith , Issa Rae and La La Anthony are all scheduled to present awards.
Reyes improves his record to a ideal 7-0 here and certainly marked himself out as one to watch for the future.
Reyes earns his first win in under 30 seconds while sending quite a message to the rest of the light heavyweights in the UFC.
Dominick Reyes feels a new level of validation for his athletic career after he defeated Joachim Christensen in his octagon debut at UFC Fight Night 112.
- Turkey rejects Arab terms to Qatar, US says are 'difficult'
- Furious Lewis Hamilton says Sebastian Vettel "disgraced himself" after Azerbaijan GP clash
- Lifeguards would have prevented Camber Sands tragedy, says brother
- South Korea urges North to end weapons development
- Bruxelles veut infliger une amende record contre Google
- North Korea denies torturing U.S. student Warmbier
- New Poll: Russians Choose Joseph Stalin as Greatest Historical Figure
- Scalise's condition upgraded to fair
- Southwest Michigan teens shot, killed in Knoxville, Tenn
- Durable Goods Orders Fall in May on Slumping Aircraft Business