In the final days of the presidential campaign past year, two Democratic senators asked President Obama to take action against Russian Federation for its election meddling. "He had a specific goal to defeat Hillary Clinton". He said he just got a report that President Obama was aware of the interference prior to the elections, and did not investigate the matter.
Trump may have been referencing a Washington Post report that the Central Intelligence Agency had confirmed Russian President Vladimir Putin's direct influence on his government's alleged interference in the 2016 election. "I feel like we sort of choked", a former Obama administration official told the paper in describing those deliberations.
Before the election, the Obama administration issued several warnings to Moscow about its activities, including one delivered by the President to Putin in September, the Post reported.
For some Democratic lawmakers, meanwhile, the bombshell report affirmed what they said they had long suspected.
A key congress committee is investigating allegations that Russian Federation and Donald Trump's campaign team collaborated to influence the 2016 United States election - claims the White House and Putin have repeatedly denied.
The Post article recounts how Obama learned about the Russian intrusions and the administration's attempts to find support to make the information public. They came in late December, well after the election.
Manny Pacquiao doesn't give Conor McGregor a shot against Floyd Mayweather
In an interview with FightHub, Lampley called the placement of the Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez pay-per-view which takes place three weeks afterwards.
Interviews with administration officials revealed that Obama directly confronted Putin over the allegations during a meeting of world leaders in China.
On Friday, he asked on Twitter why there had been no action and insisted investigators focus on Obama's officials "instead of T". What we saw, or thought we saw, after that, it looked like the Russians stopped their efforts.
"I am troubled learning this new information, that the Obama administration didn't do more", the Oregon Democrat told CNN's Jim Sciutto on Friday.
Mr Trump himself is now questioning why Mr Obama didn't do more - a curious position given that he recently described the Russian Federation hacking story as a Democratic "hoax".
Speaking to the global media this month, Putin denied that the Russian government had any role in meddling in last year's presidential election.
- Professor who said Otto Warmbier got 'what he deserved' loses job
- Sept Marocains probablement parmi les victimes (Rabat) — Incendie à Londres
- Oliver Stone - Poutine. extrait d'un documentaire très controversé
- Trump skips out on hosting Ramadan dinner, breaking White House tradition
- Proximus augmente ses tarifs... deux semaines après la fin du roaming
- Recent Analysts Ratings Nabors Industries Ltd. (NBR)
- Verstappen heads FP1 of Azerbaijan GP
- Officials to discuss condition of officer stabbed at airport
- La Cour Suprême remet le décret migratoire de Trump partiellement en vigueur
- Papa John's International, Inc. (NASDAQ:PZZA) Shares Move -5.98%