Mike Reilly found Brandon Zylstra on a 76-yard pass to set up Sean Whyte's short field goal with no time left on the clock as Edmonton stunned B.C. 30-27 in the opener to the CFL season for both clubs.
Reilly wound up 20 for 28 passing and threw for 315 yards and two touchdowns.
"The thing I love about this team is we fight until the very end", said Reilly.
His first quarter fumble led to one of two field goals by Shaun Whyte.
"It's just a lower body injury right now", said head coach Jason Mass.
Reilly also completed a 13-yard touchdown to Vidal Hazelton on a drop off pass in the third quarter and a 22-yard touchdown to Dhaquille Williams on a fade pass in the second quarter.
Jeremiah Johnson had the other rushing touchdown for B.C., while Long booted 15 points. "We've got to play better".
Russian Federation says they might have killed Baghdadi in an air strike
The report said that the air strike had targeted a meeting of top ISIS chiefs, including al-Baghdadi. US and coalition forces have been increasing the pressure in their battle against ISIS in Syria.
There was lots of talk during training camp about the explosive potential of a B.C. attack led by Johnson, quarterback Jonathon Jennings, receivers Emmanuel Arceneaux and Bryan Burnham.
The execution, however, was off for most of this one.
Edmonton, meanwhile, didn't have a great night either, but got the job done when it counted.
Johnson then scampered in from 13 yards out two plays later, but Long's extra point was blocked to make the score 20-17 for the visitors.
Edmonton then got the ball back and drove down the field to make it 27-17 on White's two-yard plunge.
The Lions (0-1) stormed back to tie the game with 1:18 to play but missed the ensuing point after kick wide left to leave the game knotted at 27-27.
Lulay scored on a two-yard plunge with 56 seconds left after Jennings found Nick Moore on a 62-yard completion, but Long missed the 32-yard extra point that would have given his team the lead. "And we've been that way for a while now, but it was great to see the young guys really embrace that attitude and the culture that we've been trying to build here for a number of years". Ty Long has accounted for all of the home side's points: two punt singles and a 43-yard field goal.
- Le Qatar sommé de prendre "au sérieux" les demandes de ses voisins
- Farrell boots British and Irish Lions to crucial victory against Crusaders
- Des alliés du président Macron quittent le gouvernement
- 34 high-rise tower blocks across United Kingdom fail fire safety test
- Trump faces new lawsuit over business empire
- Eid Al Fitr 2017 India moon sighting
- Magic buys into Ball hype as Lakers look to rebuild
- Most Iranian Ballistic Missiles Failed to Reach Intended Target in Syria
- Feliciano Lopez Prevails over Marin Cilic in Aegon Championships 2017 Final
- Qatar ultimatum 'against int'l law' - Erdogan