"He is now listed in fair condition and is beginning an extended period of healing and rehabilitation".
Scalise was shot in the hip when a gunman opened fire on Republican lawmakers practicing for a charity baseball game.
The American Hospital Association defines "critical" condition as: "Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits".
The update on Scalise's condition comes just hours after the FBI gave an update on the investigation into the shooting that left six people injured.
Law enforcement officials shared their findings Wednesday from their investigation into the shooting.
SNES Classic coming this September, with a never-before-released game
All the games will come bundled with the console and will play on today's televisions, thanks to HDMI support. Nintendo plans to announce retailer availability at a later date.
The person says investigators aren't sure of the significance of the names and it's not clear whether this was a list of people the attacker was targeting.
Dr. Jack Sava, who treated Scalise at the hospital, said Friday that the representative arrived at the hospital "with an imminent risk of death".
Sava, however, added that "an excellent recovery is a good possibility". His family said in a statement Saturday that Mika had undergone another operation and was expected to recover fully, according to NBC News.
Scalise's security detail and other police officers shot and killed the assailant, James Hodgkinson of IL, who had lashed out against President Donald Trump and other Republicans over social media.
"The positive thoughts, prayers and words of encouragement from across the nation have meant the world to Matt and to all of us", Mika's family said in the statement. Capitol Police officer David Bailey and Texas Rep. Roger Williams were also injured during the incident.
- Furious Lewis Hamilton says Sebastian Vettel "disgraced himself" after Azerbaijan GP clash
- Ohio Gas Prices Rise But Stay Lower Than National Average
- Ice Cube has big expectations for his Big3 3-on-3 league
- Décès de l'ancien Premier ministre, Habib Thiam — NÉCROLOGIE
- ASL Airlines France inaugure son Paris-Alger — Algérie
- La "marche des fiertés" interdite dimanche — Istanbul
- U.S. downing of Assad aircraft ups tensions with Russian Federation in Syria
- Prada sells $185 paper clip, and Twitter can't hold it together
- Marines burned in MCAS Miramar explosion
- GST could be studied in US B-schools: Modi