"He is now listed in fair condition and is beginning an extended period of healing and rehabilitation".
Scalise was shot in the hip when a gunman opened fire on Republican lawmakers practicing for a charity baseball game.
The American Hospital Association defines "critical" condition as: "Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits".
The update on Scalise's condition comes just hours after the FBI gave an update on the investigation into the shooting that left six people injured.
Law enforcement officials shared their findings Wednesday from their investigation into the shooting.
Prada sells $185 paper clip, and Twitter can't hold it together
Quick-witted readers will note that money is still paper in most of the world, so there really isn't any difference here. It's a money clip, and it's embossed with the brand's name, but it's still fundamentally a paper clip.
The person says investigators aren't sure of the significance of the names and it's not clear whether this was a list of people the attacker was targeting.
Dr. Jack Sava, who treated Scalise at the hospital, said Friday that the representative arrived at the hospital "with an imminent risk of death".
Sava, however, added that "an excellent recovery is a good possibility". His family said in a statement Saturday that Mika had undergone another operation and was expected to recover fully, according to NBC News.
Scalise's security detail and other police officers shot and killed the assailant, James Hodgkinson of IL, who had lashed out against President Donald Trump and other Republicans over social media.
"The positive thoughts, prayers and words of encouragement from across the nation have meant the world to Matt and to all of us", Mika's family said in the statement. Capitol Police officer David Bailey and Texas Rep. Roger Williams were also injured during the incident.
- Foo Fighters make joyous return to Glastonbury
- Confederations Cup: Germany, Chile advance to semi-final
- Backed forces seize new district from IS in Raqqa
- Low turnout but big majority ahead for Macron
- Roger Federer to face Alexander Zverev in Halle final
- GST could be studied in US B-schools: Modi
- SNES Classic coming this September, with a never-before-released game
- Trump accuses Obama of not acting against Russian Federation , again
- Foo Fighters wow Glastonbury and tease their fans
- Why Lakers Prefer Lonzo Ball Over D'Angelo Russell As Team Leader