"He is now listed in fair condition and is beginning an extended period of healing and rehabilitation".
Scalise was shot in the hip when a gunman opened fire on Republican lawmakers practicing for a charity baseball game.
The American Hospital Association defines "critical" condition as: "Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits".
The update on Scalise's condition comes just hours after the FBI gave an update on the investigation into the shooting that left six people injured.
Law enforcement officials shared their findings Wednesday from their investigation into the shooting.
GST could be studied in US B-schools: Modi
He said that when appropriate policies and governance are in place, the aspirations of the people of India can be achieved. We too will have to show the Trump administration what we can do for them in terms of creating business opportunities.
The person says investigators aren't sure of the significance of the names and it's not clear whether this was a list of people the attacker was targeting.
Dr. Jack Sava, who treated Scalise at the hospital, said Friday that the representative arrived at the hospital "with an imminent risk of death".
Sava, however, added that "an excellent recovery is a good possibility". His family said in a statement Saturday that Mika had undergone another operation and was expected to recover fully, according to NBC News.
Scalise's security detail and other police officers shot and killed the assailant, James Hodgkinson of IL, who had lashed out against President Donald Trump and other Republicans over social media.
"The positive thoughts, prayers and words of encouragement from across the nation have meant the world to Matt and to all of us", Mika's family said in the statement. Capitol Police officer David Bailey and Texas Rep. Roger Williams were also injured during the incident.
- EU Underwhelmed by UK's Brexit Offer for EU Nationals
- Foo Fighters wow Glastonbury and tease their fans
- Korea Denies Torturing US Student Warmbier
- La "marche des fiertés" interdite dimanche — Istanbul
- Low turnout but big majority ahead for Macron
- Ice Cube has big expectations for his Big3 3-on-3 league
- Furious Lewis Hamilton says Sebastian Vettel "disgraced himself" after Azerbaijan GP clash
- Marines burned in MCAS Miramar explosion
- Confederations Cup: Germany, Chile advance to semi-final
- Trump accuses Obama of not acting against Russian Federation , again