Rabbi Zalmen Sorotzkin and seven others are being charged, accused of taking public assistance and defrauding the government of $1.3 million over recent years, law enforcement officials told the Asbury Park Press.
The Ocean County Prosecutor's Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation conducted a raid on four locations in Lakewood, resulting in the arrest of at least eight people - including a rabbi. No one answered the phone there Monday morning.
The defendants would be making an appearance in U.S. District Court in Trenton on Monday afternoon at 1:30 p.m.
Chômage : Les premiers chiffres du quinquennat Macron dévoilés
Parallèlement, une concertation entre le ministère du Travail et les partenaires sociaux va se poursuivre tout l'été. Avec ces catégories B et C, la France comptait 5,53 millions de demandeurs d'emplois en métropole.
All reside in Lakewood, a town near central New Jersey's shore that is home to a large Orthodox Jewish community.
Yocheved and Shimon Nussbaum hid their income by creating companies that they controlled but that were run by relatives, the complaint alleged. The couple made approximately $265,000 in 2011, more than double the maximum allowed to receive Medicaid benefits and more than triple the maximum for Section 8 benefits, according to the complaint.
- Clashes hit Indian Kashmir on Eid festival
- Avis teams up with Waymo on self-driving car program
- Supreme Court allows parts of travel ban to go into effect
- New Hampshire among states with GOP redistricting advantage
- BMW announces $600M expansion as it celebrates 25 years
- Iran's Rouhani says siege of Qatar 'unacceptable'
- Republican senator has 'very serious' concerns on U.S. health-care bill
- Police thwart terrorist plot at Islam's holiest site
- Nantes: "Il faut oublier ce que j'ai fait avec Leicester" prévient Ranieri
- Featured Stock Overview: BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)