Rabbi Zalmen Sorotzkin and seven others are being charged, accused of taking public assistance and defrauding the government of $1.3 million over recent years, law enforcement officials told the Asbury Park Press.
The Ocean County Prosecutor's Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation conducted a raid on four locations in Lakewood, resulting in the arrest of at least eight people - including a rabbi. No one answered the phone there Monday morning.
The defendants would be making an appearance in U.S. District Court in Trenton on Monday afternoon at 1:30 p.m.
Donald Trump welcomes 'true friend' as PM Modi arrives in Washington
Pichai, Cook, and Bezos came out of the meeting seeming pleased with the discussion and excited to invest in India. The Indian Prime Minister Narendra #Modi arrived in Washington on Sunday 25 June 2017.
All reside in Lakewood, a town near central New Jersey's shore that is home to a large Orthodox Jewish community.
Yocheved and Shimon Nussbaum hid their income by creating companies that they controlled but that were run by relatives, the complaint alleged. The couple made approximately $265,000 in 2011, more than double the maximum allowed to receive Medicaid benefits and more than triple the maximum for Section 8 benefits, according to the complaint.
- Cristiano Ronaldo charged with €14.7m tax fraud by Spanish authorities
- New Hampshire among states with GOP redistricting advantage
- Magic has high hopes for No. 1 draft pick Ball
- Supreme Court allows parts of travel ban to go into effect
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Contacts pour Hakan Calhanoglu (Bayer Leverkusen) — Milan AC
- Republican senator has 'very serious' concerns on U.S. health-care bill
- Arconic ends Reynobond PE sales for high-rises after Grenfell fire
- Iran's Rouhani says siege of Qatar 'unacceptable'
- Amazon Echo now on sale for $50 off