Rabbi Zalmen Sorotzkin and seven others are being charged, accused of taking public assistance and defrauding the government of $1.3 million over recent years, law enforcement officials told the Asbury Park Press.
The Ocean County Prosecutor's Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation conducted a raid on four locations in Lakewood, resulting in the arrest of at least eight people - including a rabbi. No one answered the phone there Monday morning.
The defendants would be making an appearance in U.S. District Court in Trenton on Monday afternoon at 1:30 p.m.
White House blames Obama for failing to stop Russia collusion
President-elect Donald Trump wasted no time in denouncing the Central Intelligence Agency findings as " ridiculous ". Trump's comments, given that the president had "openly egged the Russians to hack Hillary Clinton's emails" and Mr.
All reside in Lakewood, a town near central New Jersey's shore that is home to a large Orthodox Jewish community.
Yocheved and Shimon Nussbaum hid their income by creating companies that they controlled but that were run by relatives, the complaint alleged. The couple made approximately $265,000 in 2011, more than double the maximum allowed to receive Medicaid benefits and more than triple the maximum for Section 8 benefits, according to the complaint.
- Cristiano Ronaldo charged with €14.7m tax fraud by Spanish authorities
- Clashes hit Indian Kashmir on Eid festival
- Nantes: "Il faut oublier ce que j'ai fait avec Leicester" prévient Ranieri
- Amnesty warns that May-DUP negotiations must not undermine abortion law reform
- Iran's Rouhani says siege of Qatar 'unacceptable'
- Rory Best to captain Lions against Hurricanes on Tuesday
- Avis teams up with Waymo on self-driving car program
- Amazon Echo now on sale for $50 off
- Trump to welcome India's prime minister to White House
- Featured Stock Overview: BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)