Rabbi Zalmen Sorotzkin and seven others are being charged, accused of taking public assistance and defrauding the government of $1.3 million over recent years, law enforcement officials told the Asbury Park Press.
The Ocean County Prosecutor's Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation conducted a raid on four locations in Lakewood, resulting in the arrest of at least eight people - including a rabbi. No one answered the phone there Monday morning.
The defendants would be making an appearance in U.S. District Court in Trenton on Monday afternoon at 1:30 p.m.
27 towers evacuated in England after failure in fire alarm tests
Downing Street sources said she is likely to hear how numerous country's high rises are swathed in potentially flammable material. At least 79 people died inside the furnace that that the Grenfell Tower turned into after it caught fire on June 14.
All reside in Lakewood, a town near central New Jersey's shore that is home to a large Orthodox Jewish community.
Yocheved and Shimon Nussbaum hid their income by creating companies that they controlled but that were run by relatives, the complaint alleged. The couple made approximately $265,000 in 2011, more than double the maximum allowed to receive Medicaid benefits and more than triple the maximum for Section 8 benefits, according to the complaint.
- Amnesty warns that May-DUP negotiations must not undermine abortion law reform
- Arconic ends Reynobond PE sales for high-rises after Grenfell fire
- BMW announces $600M expansion as it celebrates 25 years
- Un énorme salaire proposé à Mbappé — Monaco
- Court lets travel ban mostly go into effect
- Amazon Echo now on sale for $50 off
- Featured Stock Overview: BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)
- Buffett's company buys 10 pct of real estate investment firm
- Supreme Court allows parts of travel ban to go into effect
- Republican senator has 'very serious' concerns on U.S. health-care bill