Rabbi Zalmen Sorotzkin and seven others are being charged, accused of taking public assistance and defrauding the government of $1.3 million over recent years, law enforcement officials told the Asbury Park Press.
The Ocean County Prosecutor's Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation conducted a raid on four locations in Lakewood, resulting in the arrest of at least eight people - including a rabbi. No one answered the phone there Monday morning.
The defendants would be making an appearance in U.S. District Court in Trenton on Monday afternoon at 1:30 p.m.
Nantes: "Il faut oublier ce que j'ai fait avec Leicester" prévient Ranieri
C'est très important de travailler avec humilité, mais avec la conviction de faire quelque chose de bon. Claudio Ranieri a été intronisé ce lundi après-midi dans la salle de presse du stade de la Beaujoire.
All reside in Lakewood, a town near central New Jersey's shore that is home to a large Orthodox Jewish community.
Yocheved and Shimon Nussbaum hid their income by creating companies that they controlled but that were run by relatives, the complaint alleged. The couple made approximately $265,000 in 2011, more than double the maximum allowed to receive Medicaid benefits and more than triple the maximum for Section 8 benefits, according to the complaint.
- Amazon Echo now on sale for $50 off
- Arconic ends Reynobond PE sales for high-rises after Grenfell fire
- Clashes hit Indian Kashmir on Eid festival
- BMW announces $600M expansion as it celebrates 25 years
- Court lets travel ban mostly go into effect
- Police thwart terrorist plot at Islam's holiest site
- Toni Nadal lauds `brilliant` Rafa post record 10th French Open triumph
- Magic has high hopes for No. 1 draft pick Ball
- Donald Trump welcomes 'true friend' as PM Modi arrives in Washington
- Cristiano Ronaldo charged with €14.7m tax fraud by Spanish authorities