He was speaking after laying the foundation stone for a 200-bed charity hospital and the 400-bed Shambhu Shetty Memorial Haji Abdullah Super Speciality Hospital, a venture of BRS Health and Research Institute at Rajangana here.Mukherjee rued that advancements in medical sciences had benefited only the urban population and the rural poor was denied specialty medicine due to paucity of medical professionals.
"The situation is more alarming in rural India where the shortage of surgeons is 83.4 per cent, obstetricians and gynaecologists 76.3 per cent, paediatrics 82.1 per cent and general physician 83 per cent at the level of the community health centres", he said.
Reeling out statistics, he said against the worldwide norm of one doctor per thousand population, many developing countries, including India, had one doctor for every 1,700 people and this was largely confined to urban areas.
He called for ample infrastructure at the district and other rural areas and to encourage doctors and practitioners to serve there.
"The President also emphasized on the need to increase corporate sector engagement in public-private partnership in the field of public health".
BET Awards: Exclusive: Zonnique Opens Up About Mom, Tiny, Reuniting With Xscape
Bruno Mars opened the awards show with a high-energy performance that included his group of dancing bandmates and pyrotechnics. What about Chance the Rapper , you ask? The hip-hop trio Migos won the night's first honor - the best group award.
Only healthy mind and healthy body can be the abode of God.
In light of the recent attacks on doctors, he emphasised that in case doctors are unable to save the lives of patients, any violence towards the doctors on the part of relatives of the patients should be avoided.
"Sometimes we find that if a patient dies, the angry mob led by their relatives vandalise the hospital, beat the physician or surgeons. This type of vandalism should be condemned".
After inaugurating the first phase of "Namma Metro" in Bengaluru on Saturday last (June 17), President Pranab Mukherjee yesterday visited the temple towns of Udupi and Kolluru.
Later, President Mukherjee visited Kolluru Sir Mookambika Temple before returning to Delhi.
- Kovind files nomination in presence of PM, NDA CMs
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Man dies after taking 'pink champagne' MDMA-based drug
- United Kingdom business confidence hits 18-month high despite Brexit uncertainty
- Now, Indrani Mukerjea booked for prison riot
- Father: 'Secret Lance Stroll test not podium boost'
- MI health chief charged in Flint water probe
- Hot new engine for Jaguar's XE, XF and F-Pace
- Frank de Boer named Crystal Palace manager on three-year deal
- Jean-Marie Le Pen dérape au sujet de sa petite-fille