Mardi, 13 Avril 2021
Dernières nouvelles
Principale » Officials to discuss condition of officer stabbed at airport

Officials to discuss condition of officer stabbed at airport

26 Juin 2017

The man charged with stabbing an airport police officer in MI unsuccessfully attempted to purchase a gun before the attack, which is being investigated as an act of terrorism, federal officials said on Thursday.

Trauma surgeon Donald Scholten says Neville suffered a twelve-inch slash to his neck, which was life-threatening. Scholten also credits first responders, saying their efforts to control Neville's bleeding were "absolutely life-saving".

Hospital officials in Flint, Michigan, are expected to discuss the medical condition of an airport officer stabbed during what federal officials are investigating as an act of terrorism.

Authorities say Amor M. Ftouhi, a Tunisian national with dual citizenship in Canada, struck Neville with a 12-inch knife with a green handle and a black serrated blade marked "Amazon Jungle Survival Knife" while yelling "Allahu Akbar", which means "God is great" in Arabic.

Now investigators are trying to piece together why Ftouhi allegedly conducted what the Federal Bureau of Investigation is calling an act of terror.

Amor Ftouhi had arrived at the airport on Wednesday morning.

Messaging app Telegram faces heat from Russian authorities over role in terrorism
The FSB charged that "the members of the worldwide terrorist organisations on Russian territory use Telegram ". He described the relationship between Russian Federation and Telegram as neutral relations.

Ftouhi, who was born in Tunisia and is a Tunisian and Canadian citizen, has lived in Canada for 10 years, according to an audio recording from his appearance in U.S. District Court on Wednesday. He doesn't use drugs or alcohol, last worked about two weeks ago and said he has no mental or physical health problems, the court was told from information Ftouhi provided.

A criminal complaint against him says Ftouhi questioned why police did not kill him. Three people staying at the residence had been taken in for questioning, Boiselle said.

Neville was able to subdue Ftouhi, who asked him why he did not kill him.

He legally entered the Champlain, New York, on June 16 and was in MI by at least June 18, said Gellios, who would not say whether Ftouhi entered the USA under a so-called trusted traveler program. He entered a second-floor restroom at 9:38:15 a.m. and left at 9:38:48 a.m., at which time he attacked Neville and was subdued by other law enforcement.

His neighbors and landlord described him as quiet and friendly, although a woman who spoke to the Montreal Gazette said he "looked unsociable".

Be proactive - Use the "Flag as Inappropriate" link at the upper right corner of each comment to let us know of abusive posts.

Officials to discuss condition of officer stabbed at airport