A preliminary inquiry, sources said, has found that Indrani, who is lodged in the jail for her alleged involvement in the murder of her daughter Sheena Bora, guided the inmates to use children as human shields while staging the violent protest.
The Nagpada police on Sunday registered an FIR against inmates of the women's prison in Byculla in connection with the riot that occured at the prison following an inmates's death on Friday. She was rushed to JJ Hosptial where she was declared dead.
After the news of her death reached the inmates, around 200 of them - including media mogul Indrani Mukerjea - climbed up the jail's terrace and staged a protest over Shette's death on Saturday morning.
Nagpada police, who was called to pacify the inmates, subsequently booked the group for rioting, criminal conspiracy, unlawful assembly, assault on public servant and other relevant sections of the IPC.
As tech giants rise, stocks set records again
As a group, S&P 500 tech stocks rose 1.7 percent, the largest gain among the 11 sectors that make up the index. Goldman Sachs was off 0.4 percent and Bank of America fell 1 percent, weighing on the Dow and the S&P.
On Friday, she was taken to JJ Hospital after being allegedly thrashed by jail officials.
Shete, a Bhandup resident, had been recently transferred from the Yerwada jail in Pune to Byculla recently.
"Due to the death of an inmate, the prisoners felt unsafe and insecure". Indrani Mukerjea, the prime accused in Sheena Bora murder case, was arrested in August 2015.
Ms Bora was engaged to Rahul Mukerjea, who is Peter Mukerjea's son from an earlier marriage.
After which Indrani Mukherjea told the court that she wants a divorce from husband Peter Mukherjea, former media baron, who is also one of the accused in Sheena Bora Murder case. Ms Mukerjea, her former husband, her current husband, and her driver have since been arrested.
- Wisconsin senator wants health care vote delayed
- Russie / Nouvelle-Zélande: Coupe des Confédérations
- Kovind to meet MPs, MLAs in Kashmir on Wednesday
- GST could be studied in US Business schools: PM Narendra Modi
- Man catches girl who fell from NY amusement park ride
- United States health-insurance bill faces stiff opposition
- Chic's Nile Rodgers pauses Glastonbury set to tell crowd he's cancer
- England crashes out of CT in latest disappointment
- These old men are back! Borg tips Federer, Nadal for Wimbledon
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes