The North Korean official denied that the country had tortured Warmbier, contending that the 22-year-old left North Korea in "his normal state of health indicators", and that his death is a "mystery".
Just a few days after his return to the United States, Otto Warmbier passed away. She had last taught a course in the spring.
A spokesperson for North Korea said that the rogue nation did provide medical treatment for Warmbier and that the accusations against the North are "groundless" speculation.
The North Korean regime is a cancer on the world, and what happened to Warmbier can never be justified, if even to make the larger point about some clueless young white American males who have lived privileged lives (not that we know that Warmbier was necessarily one of them).
Before Ms Dettwyler's post was removed, it was shared by thousands of users, including some who said they would not send their children to the university because of her comments.
"Is it wrong of me to think that Otto Warmbier got exactly what he deserved", read Dettwyler's deleted post, according to the News Journal.
The post continued: "These are the same kids who cry about their grades because they didn't think they'd really have to read and study the material to get a good grade".
Modi greets nation on Eid-ul-Fitr
This day offers an opportunity to reflect on our shared commitment to building peaceful and prosperous communities. Fasting in Ramadan, also known as "Roza", is the fourth of the five pillars of Islam.
"His parents ultimately are to blame for his growing up thinking he could get away with whatever he wanted".
"Maybe in the USA, where young, white, rich, clueless white males routinely get away with raping women", she continued. However, North Korea is now saying that they are the real victim in all this.
As the backlash grew, the university tried to distance itself from the 62-year-old professor. "We find these comments particularly distressing and inconsistent with our values".
Last week, the North Korean government allowed a State Department official to secure Warmbier's homeward transfer on "humanitarian grounds in consideration of his bad health".
The college has refused to say whether it would take disciplinary action against Dettwyler.
University of DE (pictured) won't bring back an adjunct professor for her controversial comments regarding Otto Warmbier.
Dettwyler did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment Sunday night.
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' debuts to franchise low at box office
- Modi US Visit: Modi Invites Top US Companies To Invest In India
- Trump budget chief sees Fed continuing accommodative rate policy
- Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban celebrate anniversary: '11 years of love'
- Rihanna's Tweeting at World Leaders Asking Them to Fund Education
- Suns forward Marquese Chriss named to NBA's All-Rookie Second Team
- La métamorphose de Camélia Jordana qui choque les internautes
- Paul Ince backs Mohamed Salah to excel at Liverpool
- Turkey rejects demand to close military base in Qatar
- Supreme Court revives parts of Trump travel ban order