Warmbier died Monday at University of Cincinnati Hospital Medical Center, less than a week after returning to Cincinnati in a coma from North Korea last week after spending 15 months in state custody. His family and others have blamed North Korea for his condition. When he was returned to the USA this month on "humanitarian grounds", he had already suffered extensive brain damage and was in a vegetative state.
"Our relevant agencies treat all criminals. thoroughly in accordance with domestic laws and worldwide standards and Warmbier was not an exception", a spokesman for the National Reconciliation Council said.
Warmbier, 22, was arrested in January 2016 on charges of stealing a political poster from a hotel.
Warmbier's family said they believe otherwise.
Warmbier was traveling in North Korea with a tour group.
His brother, sister and friends were among the scheduled speakers at a high school in his hometown of Wyoming. It called allegations of torture during his incarceration "groundless", and said that vital health indicators were normal when he was examined by US doctors in North Korea.
GST could be studied in US B-schools: Modi
He said that when appropriate policies and governance are in place, the aspirations of the people of India can be achieved. We too will have to show the Trump administration what we can do for them in terms of creating business opportunities.
Warmbier's treatment was "appalling", U.S. Senator Rob Portman of OH told reporters outside the memorial.
The unnamed ministry spokesman told state-run media on Friday that Warmbier was provided "with medical treatment and brought him back alive" after his heart had almost stopped.
The 22-year-old student was released from North Korea and handed over to the United States authorities on June 13, but he passed away in Cincinnati on June 19.
Warmbier's alma mater was packed Thursday, as the community came to terms with its sorrow over his death - and celebrated what Meis described as his rare combination of intelligence, affability and sincerity.
"They said they understood".
Mr Hunziker was detained in North Korea for months in 1996 for illegally crossing the border and committed suicide less than a month after he returned to the United States later that year.
Pyongyang insisted that Warmbier is a victim of former U.S. President Barack Obama's "strategic patience" policy with North Korea as he refused to have dialogue with Pyongyang.
- Southwest Michigan teens shot, killed in Knoxville, Tenn
- Foo Fighters make joyous return to Glastonbury
- As PM Narendra Modi, President Trump meet, all eyes on Washington
- EU Underwhelmed by UK's Brexit Offer for EU Nationals
- SNES Classic coming this September, with a never-before-released game
- ASL Airlines France inaugure son Paris-Alger — Algérie
- Roger Federer to face Alexander Zverev in Halle final
- Furious Lewis Hamilton says Sebastian Vettel "disgraced himself" after Azerbaijan GP clash
- Confederations Cup: Germany, Chile advance to semi-final
- Tottenham's first Wembley foe is Chelsea; more Premier League schedule key dates