Two U.S. Marines were critically injured Sunday in what military officials describe as a ground flash fire on U.S. Marine Corps Air Station Miramar near San Diego.
The Marine Corps has greenlighted the return of F-35B Joint Strike Fighters to the skies over Arizona, following a brief grounding caused by computer glitches.
The $400 billion F-35 program is the Pentagon's most expensive weapons system in history.
Cam Newton Resumes Throwing Following Offseason Surgery on Shoulder Injury
Newton admitted he knew something was wrong during the season previous year . "I knew something was wrong", Newton said.
"During the two-week training evolution, patrols played a part in the exercise's emphasis on air base ground defense by training Marines to secure an area, protect incoming and outgoing assets in the area of operations and to show their presence in a deployed environment", the release stated.
Citing "anomalies" detected in the Autonomic Logistics Information System, he had grounded the the Wake Island Avengers the day before. The JPO with LM will continue to monitor and improve ALIS performance to ensure our warfighters have the required F-35 air systems to operate safely and effectively.
"I was concerned to learn that the Marine Corps has suspended F-35B operations at MCAS Yuma due to problems with the aircraft's Autonomic Logistics Information System". Kurt Stahl, Miramar's public affairs director. John McCain, who chairs the Senate Committee on Armed Services and has been a long-time critic of the F-35, said the suspension was concerning. "We are committed to working closely with our customer to address their concerns quickly", according to company spokeswoman Kimberly Ricker Martinez.
- Low turnout but big majority ahead for Macron
- Why Lakers Prefer Lonzo Ball Over D'Angelo Russell As Team Leader
- Supreme Court rules for Missouri church in playground case
- Fire crews battle blaze at apartment complex near Seminole Heights
- The Case for and Against The Home Depot, Inc. (HD)
- EU Underwhelmed by UK's Brexit Offer for EU Nationals
- Confederations Cup: Germany, Chile advance to semi-final
- Supreme Court battle over political districts unlikely to affect California's system
- Ohio Gas Prices Rise But Stay Lower Than National Average
- Roger Federer to face Alexander Zverev in Halle final