After the girl manages to wriggle her neck free from the safety bar, the crowd tells her to let go, yelling that they will catch her.
The operator stopped the slow moving gondoala-style attraction sometime around 8-p-m after receiving a radio transmission from park staff on the ground about a rider who was in distress. Meanwhile, her young brother cried hysterically as he sat in the two-person green pod, telling his sister that he couldn't hold on.
Howard, 47, and his daughter, Leeann Winchell, 21, positioned themselves under the girl as the ride stopped and security came running. It's OK to let go, I'll catch you, honey.
"Let your legs dangle in the air as you board your open, two-person cable vehicle in Fest Area", the website said.
The girl lost her grip and fell down where Howard and Winchell, arms outstretched, waited with a few other good Samaritans. The two took the brunt of the girl's fall, collapsing to the ground themselves. She was lifted up and carried to a golf cart where emergency workers arrived to help her, witnesses said.
Howard was also briefly hospitalized for a back injury.
England crashes out of CT in latest disappointment
England collapse was not a quickfire horror show of old but rather a slow suffocation that from 128 for two in the 28th over saw them lose eight for 83.
Howard had some minor shoulder and rib pain, but said he and his daughter were able to visit the girl today.
"No-one wants to put himself underneath a body like that, but I couldn't stand by and watch". She remains there, authorities said, in stable condition and with no serious injuries.
It's not clear yet how she slipped under the safety bar. "We were in the right place at the right time".
A 14-year-old girl was injured when she dropped from a ride Saturday night at a Six Flags amusement park in upstate NY, the sheriff's office said.
The Warren County Sheriff's office said they inspected the ride with park personnel and found that everything was working correctly.
Officials at the Six Flags Amusement Park - where the incident happened - said that there did not appear to be "any malfunction of the ride".
Sheriff's investigators, assisted by park personnel, inspected the ride and the vehicle the girl was in Saturday night and said everything was in proper working order and all safety equipment was intact and operational.
- Mourinho Denies Tax Fraud Allegations
- Emmanuel Macron, the 'emperor' who hopes to solve problems by consensus
- United States health-insurance bill faces stiff opposition
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos says they will keep investing & growing in India
- Grenfell Tower response: 60 high-rise blocks fail fire safety tests
- Ricciardo wins Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- National Road Championships 2017: Lizzie Deignan wins fourth title
- Fans praise 'talented' Ed Sheeran following Glastonbury performance
- Rockstar Games calme le jeu — Affaire mods GTA
- Chic's Nile Rodgers pauses Glastonbury set to tell crowd he's cancer