Enthusiastic participants performed yoga to celebrate the third International Day of Yoga in Berlin. At that time, Prime Minister Narendra Modi was present during the yoga session.
The age-old Indian practice has brought people from different culture and countries together and this could be clearly seen from the zeal and enthusiasm with which the people across the globe are practicing yoga.
But there are many to whom yoga comes to mind when they hear about India.
The world gave a shot at healthy lifestyle with yoga on Wednesday.
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis today said yoga has the power to transmit the nature's energies to human beings and that the traditional practice helps people in handling their problems.
Yoga can have the same importance as salt has in life, says PM Modi.
Aiming sound mental and physical state of body, June 21st of every year is celebrated as International Yoga Day.
Jacqueline Jossa and Dan Osborne tie the knot
Using an enormous banner on a boat to pop the question, Dan asked the EastEnders star to be his wife and she joyfully accepted. Their stunning wedding venue used to be owned by Take That frontman Barlow and is set in 100 acres of stunning grounds.
Police in New Delhi closed roads to make room for a mass yoga session held amid tight security in the heart of the Indian capital. It highlights the fact that yoga can contribute in a holistic way to achieving an equilibrium between mind and body. "It is not even expensive to practice", Modi said.
Union ministers M Venkaiah Naidu and Vijay Goel, Delhi Lt Governor Anil Baijal and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal along with BJP's presidential Ram Nath Kovind and senior BJP leader Meenakshi Lekhi joined in in Connaught Place.
"Thousands of people performed asanas in the national capital today to mark the third International Yoga Day".
In the western city of Ahmedabad, 125,000 led by celebrity yoga guru Baba Ramdev gathered at an open-air ground to try to set a new Guinness World record for the largest session. "We may not master yoga or become teachers but we should not stop from doing yoga", he said.
India's official broadcaster All India Radio said Yoga Day celebrations were taking place in 5,000 places across the country.
Swami Chidanand Saraswati and Sadhvi Bhagavathi Saraswati from India and Swami Sivadasananda from Australia will lead the yoga sessions at the United Nations headquarters in NY.
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Sept Marocains probablement parmi les victimes (Rabat) — Incendie à Londres
- "Concerning" that buildings are failing safety tests - UK PM's spokesman
- Trump scrambles for GOP health votes; budget score looms
- Juror: Cosby panel was concerned about 'politics' of case
- Hopes fade of finding more China landslide survivors
- Crowd catches teen falling from park ride; no serious injury
- Turkey rejects Arab terms to Qatar, US urges sides to talk
- Pro bono panel extended to Finsbury Park attack
- Kushner reveals technology retired in 1980s still used by Pentagon