"Much like it connects the mind with the soul, yoga is playing an important role in connecting the world", said Modi, dressed in a white track suit.
Chidanand told ANI that the day had become successful due to the efforts of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. "Changes occurred with time; different societies in the world made additions to yoga and led to its improvement as per place, time, situation and age", he said.
The Prime Minister described yoga as a free life insurance, which everyone can avail to better their health. Various other Yoga organizations and Institutes are also organizing separate programmes to mark the IDY event, according to the release. The records were set for the highest number of surya namaskars, most surya namaskars in one hour, the highest number of push-ups, most push-ups in an hour, the longest shirshasana, the longest shirsh-padmasana, and 51-hour yoga marathon.
The Consulate General of India in Johannesburg along with the volunteers of the Art of Living Foundation and yoga school trainers organised the event at a park in the township.
"Issac Newton had given the law of physics, but the whole world uses it. Theory of relativity was given by Albert Einstein, but the whole world uses it".
"Yoga is an ancient Indian practice and all ancient scriptures including the Vedas have accepted the importance of yoga".
Trump wishes Muslims 'warm greetings' for Eid
After a month of the latter, delicacies and heavy foods will reign at the lavish dinners being prepared. Another custom involves donning new clothes for the new day, which marks a spiritual renewal.
Sadhvi asserted that Yoga has answers to all the problems existing in the world.
In the western city of Ahmedabad, 125,000 led by celebrity yoga guru Baba Ramdev gathered at an open-air ground to try to set a new Guinness World record for the largest session. Mr Modi joined the Yoga enthusiasts along with Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik and the state Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. Demand for Yoga teachers is increasing.
"More than fitness, more than being healthy, people now yearn for wellness".
Parveen Jain, President of National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO) - the apex body of the real estate sector, also said that to remain mentally and physically fit - yoga is very essential.
- Une jeune fille de 17 ans poignardée mortellement — Marseille
- Teenage boy held over 'attempted rape of eight-year-old girl'
- Gators Defeat TCU, Advance To College World Series Final
- Nigeria : arrestation de deux commandants présumés de Boko Haram
- Glastonbury 2017: Watch Radiohead's mesmerising headline set in full
- Cleveland Cavaliers players warn Jimmy Butler to avoid organization
- 2.500 postes créés pour dédoubler des CP à la rentrée
- Turkey rejects Saudi demand to shut military base in Qatar
- Underdog millionaire: Pakistan cricketers make a fortune after winning Champions Trophy
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes