Two civilians and a police officer died in the attack on the bank in Mandera County, police commander Charles Chacha said.
The town is located seven kilometres from the Kenya-Somalia border.
"We are seeking to establish whether it was an attempted robbery or if al Shabaab militants were involved", he said.
Shisia, however, said that the assailants had escaped by the time the police arrived.
Shisia said that he suspected that the militants were on a revenge mission after two of their top commanders were killed on Monday by Kenya Defence Forces (KDF).
Koch urgency: Conservative network fears closing window
Republican leaders have scant margin for error. "Get Obamacare repealed and replaced, get tax reform passed", Deason continued. Phillips said it was "a cordial discussion" about policy, but that neither side asked the other for anything specific.
He said that the militants were known to upscale attacks during the last 10 days of Ramadan and especially during dates with odd numbers. When the shots stopped, three civilians and two officers manning the bank lay dead.
Sources said there was a gunfight between the officers and the attackers and one of the terrorists was killed. This May, five police officers guarding the Mandera County governor were killed in a roadside bomb attack in Simo.
In a separate incident, the Kenya Red Cross says two people escaped unhurt after their auto ran over a homemade bomb in Mandera.
Shisia said the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) went off as the vehicle with two occupants drove near it at about 9:30 am on Friday in Lafey Sub County.
"The windscreens of the vehicle were completely shattered down and two occupants of the vehicle seriously injured due to the impact of the blast", Shisia said.
- Controversial £3bn aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth finally set for sea trials
- Republicans Scramble to Shore Up Support for Healthcare Bill
- Un intérêt pour Yaya Sanogo — Mercato Toulouse
- Burn victims overwhelm Pakistani hospitals after tanker fire kills 146
- Real Madrid Cristiano Ronaldo exit: Man Utd move questioned by Craig Burley
- Two children among three people killed in Mississauga crash
- Jeh Johnson: DNC declined DHS help on Russian Federation hack
- First Medals For Isle Of Wight's Island Games Team
- Qatar demands hard to meet
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes