On the next pitch, Jaso made Oh pay for not putting him away, ripping a tie-breaking homer that gave the Pittsburgh Pirates a 4-3 win over the St. Louis Cardinals. Only one of the two runs Wainwright allowed was earned after he had allowed 18 runs in his previous 5 1/3 innings.
"I didn't even feel it, honestly", Voit said.
"I'm not sure he knew how big the situation was", Taillon said of Jaso.
Jose Martinez and Paul DeJong homered for the Cardinals.
While the Pirates have gone 5-5 over their last 10 games, the Cardinals are mired in a bit of a slump, having gone 3-7 over their last 10 games.
Bruno Mars wins his 1st BET Award for R&B artist
Following this year's Oscars Best Picture debacle, Jones said she's steeling herself for possible mistakes she might make onstage. Mars was nominated for five awards - only behind Beyonce , who was up for seven honors and dominated last year's BET Awards .
Fowler had played just once in the team's past three games due to a quadriceps injury, going 0-for-4 in a loss Saturday. Given the fact that Leake is a more consistent and reliable starting pitcher coupled with the fact that the Pirates have struggled on the road (15-22 record), the Cardinals should be able to squeak out a win in a tightly contested Sunday Night Baseball matchup.
It was the seventh unearned run the Cardinals have allowed as a result of the miscues. He gave up four hits and two earned runs while striking out seven.
Matt Carpenter made a diving stop in the first and Tommy Pham made a diving catch in the second for the Cardinals, each saving would-be singles.
Pittsburgh righty Jameson Taillon worked six innings in his third start since returning from the disabled list after undergoing surgery for testicular cancer last month. Willie Stargell hit 14 or more in 13 straight years from 1964-76. The Pirates will be without catcher Francisco Cervelli, who was placed on the 7-day disabled list due to a concussion while outfielder Dexter Fowler might be able to return to the Cardinals' lineup since he is now listed as day-to-day. Molina was struck on the knee by a foul tip in Thursday's 5-1 loss to the Phillies. He'll look to further improve upon his troublesome 5.46 ERA and 1.55 WHIP when he takes on the Cardinals in St. Louis on Sunday.
Cardinals: RHP Lance Lynn (5-4, 3.33 ERA) has not allowed a run to Pittsburgh in his last 12 innings, including seven shutout innings on April 17.
- Turkish ministers to visit Qatar amid diplomatic row
- Marin Cilic vs. Feliciano Lopez 2017 Aegon Championships Final Pick, Odds, Prediction
- Environment Canada Issues Heat Wave Warning For Greater Vancouver
- Otto Warmbier Suffered 'Severe Neurological Injury'
- Cuban Americans speak out ahead of Trump's Little Havana visit
- Moon sighted, Eid-ul-Fitr on Sunday: Peshawar's Masjid Qasim Khan
- CT17 final between India, Pakistan was 'fixed', claims KRK
- New Note 8 Tipped To Be Samsung's Most Expensive Yet
- Real Madrid Soccer Star Ronaldo Charged With Tax Fraud by Spanish Prosecutors
- Offaly man caught up in Brussels terror attack