Fans tuning in to watch a high-quality match filled with attacking football were left disappointed early.
Can started in central midfield for the second consecutive game in the tournament and put in another commanding performance to follow up his solid display in Germany's 1-1 draw against Chile, in which he played a key role in his team's equaliser.
Moumi Ngamaleu missed Cameroon's best chance, curling a shot agonisingly wide of the post, but any chance the Lions had of equalising evaporated when Mabouka was sent off for a high boot on Can.
Italy makes 5.2B euros in resources to keep 2 banks afloat
At the end of a year ago , it had to promise billions of euros to rescue Monte dei Paschi, the world's oldest operating bank. The European Commission on Sunday (25 June) approved a €17-billion plan by the Italian government to save two failing banks.
Australian centre-back Trent Sainsbury spoiled a glorious chance for a second goal before the break, lashing wildly over on the volley after Chile's defence momentarily switched off.
But their hopes of a comeback were effectively extinguished when Mabouka was eventually dismissed for a risky challenge on Can, referee Wilmar Roldan first booking Siani and then producing a red card for the midfielder before reviewing the footage a second time on the protests of Cameroon players.
Following a tepid first half Germany opened the scoring with a moment of magic shortly after the interval, Demirbay completing a finely crafted one-two with Julian Draxler by blasting home.
Any thoughts of a comeback were quickly snuffed out though, as Werner grabbed his second of the game just two minutes later - becoming the first German ever to score a brace in a Confed Cup match.
Werner added to the lead just three minutes later, effectively ending the match with a calm header.
- Prez, VP, PM greet people on Eid ul Fitr
- ARMS June Update Includes Spectator and LAN Modes
- Cristiano Ronaldo Reportedly No Longer Wants Madrid Exit After Public Support
- Utah Retirement Systems Maintains Position in Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK)
- Louis Tomlinson was insecure while in One Direction
- Brad Pitt Is Dating Both Sienna Miller And Elle Macpherson?
- Verdict reached in trial of man accused of killing Baby Doe
- Messaging app Telegram faces heat from Russian authorities over role in terrorism
- Le père de José Mourinho s'est éteint
- Sounders draw with Timbers 2-2 in Cascadia Cup rivalry match