Cameroon goalkeeper Fabrice Ondoa made two excellent saves to deny Germany a second goal soon after, first rushing out to deflect Werner's effort and then diving to his left to keep out Kimmich's low follow up.
Vincent Aboubakar scored in the 78th minute to raise Cameroonian and African hopes after Emest Mabouka was sent off for a reckless tackle but this was short-lived as the Germans quickly responded through two-goals hero Timo Werner in the 81st minute to put the game to bed with a 3-1 final scoreline.
After the lengthy stoppage involving the red card incident, Germany made their numerical advantage count nearly immediately as Werner also got his first Germany goal with an excellent header from Kimmich's fine cross to the back post.
"At some point in time I'll get replaced by "John the pragmatist" and you can all be happy and revel in it", he said.
Germany coach Joachim Loew is excited about the challenge of facing Mexico in the Confederations Cup semi-finals after topping their group in the Confederations Cup.
But in the 82nd minute Werner got his second goal to secure the win for Germany.
The Case for and Against The Home Depot, Inc. (HD)
Following the sale, the executive vice president now owns 46,294 shares of the company's stock, valued at $7,197,328.18. Home Depot, Inc. (The) had a net margin of 8.53% and a return on equity of 158.80%. (The) by 1.1% in the third quarter.
In the group's other game Chile also booked their place into the semifinals after drawing 1-1with Australia.
Roared on by thousands of travelling fans, Chile hit back in the 67th when Eduardo Vargas flicked the ball on for substitute Rodriguez to hit it past goalkeeper Maty Ryan. While Chile will take on Portugal on Wednesday.
"We are one of the best teams in Africa but there is still a difference between us and modern football", Broos said.
Former Everton midfielder Tim Cahill will reach a century of caps for Australia if he features in the game.
June 25 at 18:00 in Moscow at the stadium "Opening Arena", the Chile team will play with the Australian team in the 3rd round of the Confederations Cup.
"I congratulate him for first goal for Germany and he really deserved it".
Brighton keeper Ryan kept out Sanchez, before Chile drew level in scrappy fashion with 23 minutes remaining.
- President Trump Very Kindly Defends 'Crazy Bernie Sanders'
- Roger Federer to face Alexander Zverev in Halle final
- Supreme Court rules for Missouri church in playground case
- Foo Fighters make joyous return to Glastonbury
- ASL Airlines France inaugure son Paris-Alger — Algérie
- North Korea dismiss Moon call for united Pyeongchang team
- Tottenham's first Wembley foe is Chelsea; more Premier League schedule key dates
- EU Underwhelmed by UK's Brexit Offer for EU Nationals
- Foo Fighters wow Glastonbury and tease their fans
- Senate Bill To Replace Obamacare Could Be In Jeopardy