The Foo Fighters took to the Glastonbury stage this weekend, and there was a moment when the crowd of 150,000 joined in singing the band's "Best Of You" in unison, and it's bound to bring you goosebumps.
Foo Fighters have made a triumphant return to Glastonbury Festival two years after they were forced to pull out because of frontman Dave Grohl's broken leg. When a pal bumped into the rock superstar earlier this month the former Nirvana drummer sent Jon a touching handwritten note, promising that his wife would be in his thoughts at Glastonbury. "OK, I think we broke her record".
It didn't promise a dedication, but Foo Fighters being the friendly legends that they are, they did Jon and Laura proud.
He added: "The other day I was sitting on the plane and this flight attendant came up to me and she says 'You're never going to believe this but have you heard of this woman?'"
First woman leads Buckingham Palace Changing of the Guard ceremony
Princess Patricia had special links with Buckingham Palace, the place of her birth on March 17 1886. Captain Couto said: 'I'm just focusing on doing my job as best I can and staying humble.
The US band then played a touching rendition of Everlong for Laura, who was due to watch the Foos play to celebrate her 10th wedding anniversary this year, but sadly had to call it off as she fell too ill to attend.
The request was re-posted 12 million times and caught the attention of Dave Grohl, who sent John his own message of support.
"She said 'They are friends of mine".
Jon said it was Laura's "swansong". "Now I feel I can smile for real". "The power of social media is insane, but incredible". After Laura was diagnosed with cancer, she raised more than £70,000 for CoppaFeel - a charity dedicated to breast cancer awareness.
- President Trump Very Kindly Defends 'Crazy Bernie Sanders'
- Amnesty warns that May-DUP negotiations must not undermine abortion law reform
- Clashes hit Indian Kashmir on Eid festival
- Senate Bill To Replace Obamacare Could Be In Jeopardy
- Matthieu Delormeau en froid avec les chroniqueurs ? Sa mise au point — TPMP
- Foo Fighters make joyous return to Glastonbury
- Fire crews battle blaze at apartment complex near Seminole Heights
- Why Lakers Prefer Lonzo Ball Over D'Angelo Russell As Team Leader
- Donald Trump welcomes 'true friend' as PM Modi arrives in Washington
- Supreme Court battle over political districts unlikely to affect California's system