Even with the chance of postponing Glastonbury's fallow year, recent events make it unlikely that Oasis will be reunited in time for next summer.
Grohl appeared on stage alone and said: "I'm about two years late, sorry...traffic was a bitch".
Grohl did become more reticent though when prompted on just who he had been able to add to the credit list, stating "we are not telling anybody who it is".
Tickets for this year's festival set goers back £238 plus a £5 booking fee but the ticket price tends to increase every year.
Matthieu Delormeau en froid avec les chroniqueurs ? Sa mise au point — TPMP
Mais il informe ses followers qu'il communiquera bientôt des nouvelles informations sur son avenir... et donc sa place dans l'émission.
"You guys were awesome", he announced to the crowd as he left the stage. I get given a compound behind the Pyramid Stage.
"So I did and I guess that made news too".
I will take all my belongings home with me again, including my tent and camping equipment.
Glastonbury started off as a loss-maker in 1970, with 1,500 people paying one pound to watch Marc Bolan top the bill, with free milk from the farm to tempt music-loving hippies.
Glastonbury Festival took over Worthy Farm in Pilton, Somerset from June 21st to June 25th 2017, marking five days of union, freedom and creativity everywhere.
One of the stand-out moments from the gig was when Ed brought out Irish trad band Beoga to perform alongside him for the 80,000-strong crowd. "He's a Republican, but he has backbone, integrity and character", Berlinger told the audience, placing his phone showing Portman's contact details in front of the TV cameras. Ed Sheeran hit out at his Glastonbury critics, insisting "everything" he did was live.
- Olivia Wilde's new play has audience members fainting, vomiting and getting arrested
- BMW announces $600M expansion as it celebrates 25 years
- Supreme Court allows parts of travel ban to go into effect
- Backed forces seize new district from IS in Raqqa
- Senate Bill To Replace Obamacare Could Be In Jeopardy
- Rabbi, several others arrested in public benefits fraud case
- North Korea dismiss Moon call for united Pyeongchang team
- Supreme Court rules for Missouri church in playground case
- First woman leads Buckingham Palace Changing of the Guard ceremony
- Donald Trump welcomes 'true friend' as PM Modi arrives in Washington