Meet Martha, the 3-year-old Neopolitan Mastiff that won over the judges and the crowd for her drooling, excess skin and endless wrinkles.
In a rather unusual competition, a Neapolitan Mastiff won the 29th annual World's Ugliest Dog Contest.
She is a rescue dog and when she was found she was nearly blind.
Winning the title of World's Ugliest Dog certainly comes with the some perks, because not only does Martha get some serious bragging rights, but ABC 7 reports she also received $1,500, a trophy, and a free trip to NY for media appearances to further amplify her fame.
"She knocks over every water bucket no matter how securely attached to the fence", said owner Shirley Dawn Zindler of her homely hound.
The judges, on the basis of theirfirst impression, decided taking into account theunusual distinctive features of the animal, its individual characteristics, and the audience's reaction, the agency added.
Zindler says Martha, from Sebastopol, California, was rescued by the Dogwood Animal Rescue Project in Sonoma County when she was almost blind from chronic neglect.
'Drooling, snoring, gassy' mastiff named World's Ugliest Dog
Storm Shayler (R) holds her Chinese Crested dog, Chase and Miriam Tcheng (L) holds her Brussel Griffon Pug at the 2017 World's Ugliest Dog contest at Sonoma-Marin Fair on June 23, 2017 in Petaluma, California.
Vicky Adler from California called her Zoomer, an 8-year-old Chinese Crested dog, "a sexy boy".
The dog, described as gassy but gentle, spent much of its time on stage plopped on its side.
Her handler Shirley Zindler answered for her: "I'd gloat, but I need a nap".
The competition - which goes viral every year - usually attracts smaller dogs that compete for a $1,500 prize and a big, flashy trophy, but it's Martha who was crowned the victor this time! It has been a part of the Sonoma-Marin Fair in Petaluma annually for 29 years.
Often, it's older, smaller dogs that take home the title.
Ricciardo wins Azerbaijan Grand Prix
Vettel's sanction saw him drop from second to ninth but he recovered to extend his championship lead over Hamilton to 14 points. That promoted Vettel into the lead of the race just as his 10-second stop-go penalty was confirmed for unsafe driving.
- Le tribunal choisit l'offre de Gifi — Reprise de Tati
- Premier League - Chelsea : La prolongation de Thibaut Courtois au point mort
- Swaraj posts video of her 2013 LS speech interrupted by Kumar
- Presidential debate: Trump, Obama clash over health care
- Nestlé bondit après l'entrée de Third Point, L'Oréal au plus haut
- People in India are now getting opportunities and the right environment - Modi
- President Pranab Mukherjee calls for better healthcare in rural areas
- Man dies after taking 'pink champagne' MDMA-based drug
- Now, Indrani Mukerjea booked for prison riot
- United States health-insurance bill faces stiff opposition