The Phillies defeated the Diamondbacks 6-1.
The four-game series concludes Monday. He broke his bat after the fourth foul ball.
The Diamondbacks will pull RHP Randall Delgado back out of the bullpen and give him a start on Sunday against the Phillies.
Randall Delgado pitched five crisp innings in a spot start for Arizona and Jeremy Hellickson had the Diamondbacks baffled with his off-speed pitches for most of his six innings.
Delgado was in line for the win before the bullpen surrendered the 1-0 advantage.
The former D-back went six innings. Hellickson will face the Pirates next time out. He has not won since May 19, seven starts ago. He will be facing Arizona for the first time.
OUR PREDICTION: The over is 10-3 in Delgado's last 13 starts, is 11-5-1 in the Diamondbacks' last 17 games overall, and is 52-23-3 in their last 78 home games.
The right-hander escaped a jam in the second inning, helped by left fielder Gregor Blanco's diving catch on Herrera's liner and a pickoff of Maikel Franco at second. He had watched batting practice from there in his younger days growing up in the Phoenix area, and his home run was the first by a visiting player to land directly in the pool this season. Then, Delgado caught Franco napping, picking him off second base on a spin move and ideal throw to Nick Ahmed. Ahmed, who slightly hesitated approaching third, scored to put the D-backs ahead, 1-0.
Real Madrid and Manchester United begin formal negotiations for Alavaro Morata
Manager Jose Mourinho has identified Morata as the striker he wants to replace Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Shaka Hislop breaks down the latest surrounding Alvaro Morata's potential move to Man United.
Kendrick is a career.441 hitter at Chase Field in 68 plate appearances. Herrera posted a hit and a run on Sunday; Hernandez is out with an oblique injury.
Three of the five hits the Phillies had recorded through six innings of the game belonged to Aaron Altherr.
It was one sweet stay in Cleveland for the Twins, who were swept in a four-game set against the Indians at Target Field last weekend. "A team moment where I think everybody was a little bit tired; day game after a night game".
"I know there were some sluggish moments, but when we needed somebody to give us that little push at the end, Descalso came up with the big hit", Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo said. That pushed his RBI total to a majors-best 65 and extended his club record of reaching base at home to 41 straight games.
The Chicago Cubs wasted a fine pitching performance by Mike Montgomery, stranding 11 runners and allowing three unearned runs to lose Sunday to the Miami Marlins, 4-2.
- Regulars Jake Lamb and David Peralta were not in the starting lineup. OF A.J. Pollock (groin strain) is scheduled to play in a rehab game on Sunday provided his workout goes smoothly on Saturday.
- Our very own John Gambadoro threw out the ceremonial first pitch and threw a well-placed strike. Greinke dropped his first start against the Phillies in 2004 but has not lost to them since.
Diamondbacks: RHP Zack Greinke is 4-0 with a 2.86 ERA in his past four home starts heading into Monday.
Pivetta is 1-3 with a 4.46 ERA in the first eight games of his career, all starts. They have the worst road record in the majors (10-30), and after winning the series opener Friday have scored only three runs in 20 innings.
- Ricciardo stunned by victory in 'crazy race'
- 76ers tab Fultz with No. 1 pick of National Basketball Association draft
- Tuscaloosa Police searching for three missing children
- Tennis: et de 9 à Halle pour Federer
- Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton in F1 crash row
- Lions tactics likely to change: Hansen
- Another Lawmaker Says No to Trump's Healthcare Bill
- Unclear when inmates will return to Georgia
- Rhiannon hits back on Greens schools split
- Northam Wins Virginia Democratic Primary, Gillespie Clinches in Tight GOP Race