Additional director-general (ADG) Indore Ajay Sharma told the media police detained and booked the youngsters under Section 124A (sedition) and 120B (criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code.
Sanjay Pathak, a local police inspector said the men from Mohad village "were celebrating Pakistan's victory by bursting firecrackers and shouting anti-India slogans", CNN reported. "But the way the team recovered after the loss to India is commendable and I am very happy that the cricket team has brought so much of happiness and joy to our people", he said.
Sarfraz's side thrashed title-holders India by 180 runs in a remarkable final at The Oval on Sunday having been the lowest ranked of the eight nations at the outset of this one-day worldwide tournament - which they started with a 124-run defeat to India.
"These arrests are patently absurd, and the 19 men should be released immediately", Asmita Basu, program director of Amnesty International India, said in a statement.
"This has been happening for several years, whenever there is an India-Pakistan match".
Sena to hold meeting to decide on NDAs Prez nominee
The party had supported the UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee in the 2012 presidential polls against the NDA's PA Sangma. Sources in the CPI said Raja's name has been proposed by "some individuals and not any non-NDA parties".
According to Indian law, sedition amounts to inciting people to oppose their government.
This is not the first time Indian Muslims have gotten in trouble for celebrating Pakistan's win.
Relations between India and Pakistan are strained due to ongoing unrest in Kashmir.
"Congratulations to Pakistan. The way they turned things around, it was incredible", Kohli said.
Last year, a Pakistani man was arrested for waving an Indian flag after his idol, Indian batsman Virat Kohli, made a match-winning century.
- STMicroelectronics NV (NYSE:STM) Reviewed By Analysts
- Moon sighted, Eid-ul-Fitr on Sunday: Peshawar's Masjid Qasim Khan
- Former champs Marin Cilic, Grigor Dimitrov into Queen's semi-finals
- Jordan Spieth holes bunker shot to win Travelers playoff
- New Note 8 Tipped To Be Samsung's Most Expensive Yet
- Germany hope for full-fit Emre against Cameroon
- Kevin Lee Says All of His Fights Feel Like
- Ce que dit la photo officielle du nouveau gouvernement
- Corbyn urges 'sense of solidarity in all communities' at Finsbury Park vigil
- Australian Crown Resorts employees sentenced