"After the month-long fasting, the holy Eid builds the tie of affection, harmony and unity among the people of all classes irrespective of rich, poor, elite and disadvantaged ones", he said while talking to media during a reception on the occasion of the holy Eid-ul-Fitr, the largest religious festival of the Muslims, at Bangabhaban in the city in the morning.
The police burst tear-gas shells to disperse the mob. After the incident, the Jammu and Kashmir Police asked its personnel to avoid Eid prayers in public places. The valley saw no respite from tension even on Eid.
Clashes between citizens and security forces deployed in the restive Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir continued even on the day of Eid on Monday (26 June), but state officials claimed that the celebrations were largely peaceful.
The copy of the circular has been also sent to the offices of Additional Director General of Police (ADGP) Armed J&K, Inspector General traffic, Inspector General Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Headquarters 15 corps, Deputy Inspector General Seema Suraksha Bal (SSB), Director General Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), SSP Operations 9 Cargo, SSP APCR, Commandant Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
Avis teams up with Waymo on self-driving car program
Area residents who want to use the service, which would operate like a taxi service, can apply to Waymo to become participants. Waymo will own the autonomous test fleet and will pay Avis to look after the vehicles.
Last week, police officer Mohammad Ayub Pandith was stoned to death outside Jamia mosque by a mob.
The incident has angered the police department, which has arrested five persons so far.
For security reasons, many ministers and senior civil and police officers offered prayers at the district police lines mosque here at 6.30 a.m. "Besides we have made it clear in the advisory about the places where they can offer prayers", Khan added. "Let's take inspiration from these auspicious festival and spread happiness everywhere to take the country forward", he said.
- Republican senator has 'very serious' concerns on U.S. health-care bill
- Chômage : Les premiers chiffres du quinquennat Macron dévoilés
- Buffett's company buys 10 pct of real estate investment firm
- Featured Stock Overview: BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)
- BMW X3 gets an early reveal
- Cristiano Ronaldo charged with €14.7m tax fraud by Spanish authorities
- Trump to welcome India's prime minister to White House
- India Celebrates the Third International Yoga Day -2017 Today
- Police thwart terrorist plot at Islam's holiest site
- Toni Nadal lauds `brilliant` Rafa post record 10th French Open triumph