Cavendish only returned to racing this month after suffering from glandular fever, while Cummings underwent an operation two months ago after sustaining multiple fractures at the Tour of the Basque Country, making his twin successes at the nationals even more remarkable.
Cavendish would be joined in the Dimension Data team by countryman Steve Cummings, the British road race and time trial champion, who won stages at the 2015 and 2016 editions of the Tour de France. Cavendish's usual leadout man Mark Renshaw and mountain chaperone Bernhard Eisel are also in the team.
"As has been widely reported, it's been a hard few months for me on the back of the illness that set me back earlier on in the season", said the 30-time Tour stage victor.
"If I am being totally honest, had this not been the Tour de France we may have collectively taken a different approach with regards to my inclusion but I feel that I owe it to myself, the team, our sponsors and most importantly to the Tour itself given its history and everything that it stands for - as well as the emotional attachment I have for it - to give it my best and to put everything I have in to trying to help the team".
Alphabet s'associe à Avis pour gérer ses voitures autonomes
Waymo a récemment déclaré qu'il comptait acquérir des centaines de monospaces Chrysler Pacifica pour se doter d'un parc de 600 véhicules.
Barker led by a minute at one stage before being reeled in, with Katie Archibald (Team WNT) and defending champion Hannah Barnes (Canyon-SRAM) finishing second and third respectively.
But it appears that Cavendish has done enough to prove fitness for the Tour, where the sprinters will get opportunities on nine potential stages of the race.
Cavendish, 32, has just one victory in 2017.
Cavendish's main rivals in the sprints will be German duo Andre Greipel and Marcel Kittel, French trio Nacer Bouhanni, Bryan Coquard and Arnaud Demare, with Slovakian superstar Peter Sagan desperate to add stage wins to the green jerseys he has been piling up for his all-round consistency.
- Recent Analysts Ratings Nabors Industries Ltd. (NBR)
- India, US Bilateral Trade Is Poised For A Multi-Fold Increase
- Jacqueline Jossa and Dan Osborne tie the knot
- Verstappen heads FP1 of Azerbaijan GP
- May reaches deal with DUP to back Tories through Brexit
- 10 nouvelles fosses communes découvertes — RDC
- Sept Marocains probablement parmi les victimes (Rabat) — Incendie à Londres
- Successful SpaceX launch delivers satellites into orbit
- La Cour Suprême remet le décret migratoire de Trump partiellement en vigueur
- Gas Prices Drop 3.8 Cents In Chattanooga