"I knew something was wrong", Newton said.
The Heisman Trophy victor and NFL MVP underwent a procedure following the 2016 NFL season that prevented him from throwing a football for the better part of six months.
"Cool, a lot of anticipation", Newton said of the throwing session. Fittingly, the distance of each throw was measured by nearby objects, with the longest pass traveling "about 10 lockers". "Or like sitting on your hands, or sitting in an awkward position and finally getting up and moving - that's how I feel".
Supreme Court battle over political districts unlikely to affect California's system
The Supreme Court made a decision to hear a case that will determine if gerrymandering for partisan benefit is constitutional. In 2012, Republicans received about 49 percent of the vote but won 60 of the 99 state Assembly seats.
Newton admitted he knew something was wrong during the season previous year. No matter what the treatment was, it takes just one hit or fall and it's going to inflame again. "I told myself, 'At the end of the day, I'm gonna be a football player and a football player only'".
"Yeah, but it's really certain things that you have to really fine-tune and say, 'Am I deserving to be a Super Bowl-winning quarterback?" I was trying to get the proper treatment, overtreatment. "It's just not getting better'".
"I'm looking at my life right now and I'm saying, 'I'm missing one thing: I want a Super Bowl, '" Newton told high school players at his annual 7-on-7 passing tournament, via the Charlotte Observer. "It wasn't as swollen as it was during the season so they could see and it showed up as a partially torn rotator cuff".
Newton said he expected to be close to 100 percent in the next two weeks, and expects to be a full-go by the time training camp rolls around for the Panthers. "Hopefully, with no setbacks, we'll be good".
- Senate Bill To Replace Obamacare Could Be In Jeopardy
- Olivia Wilde's new play has audience members fainting, vomiting and getting arrested
- Matthieu Delormeau en froid avec les chroniqueurs ? Sa mise au point — TPMP
- Helmut Kohl, Architect of German Unification, Dead at 87
- Clashes hit Indian Kashmir on Eid festival
- North Korea dismiss Moon call for united Pyeongchang team
- Supreme Court allows parts of travel ban to go into effect
- President Trump Very Kindly Defends 'Crazy Bernie Sanders'
- First woman leads Buckingham Palace Changing of the Guard ceremony
- ASL Airlines France inaugure son Paris-Alger — Algérie