"I knew something was wrong", Newton said.
The Heisman Trophy victor and NFL MVP underwent a procedure following the 2016 NFL season that prevented him from throwing a football for the better part of six months.
"Cool, a lot of anticipation", Newton said of the throwing session. Fittingly, the distance of each throw was measured by nearby objects, with the longest pass traveling "about 10 lockers". "Or like sitting on your hands, or sitting in an awkward position and finally getting up and moving - that's how I feel".
Five Republican senators now oppose health care bill as written
Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., didn't mince words when she ripped into the bill on the Senate floor earlier Thursday. Dean Heller , R-Nev., said Friday he will not vote for the Senate's Obamacare replacement bill as now written.
Newton admitted he knew something was wrong during the season previous year. No matter what the treatment was, it takes just one hit or fall and it's going to inflame again. "I told myself, 'At the end of the day, I'm gonna be a football player and a football player only'".
"Yeah, but it's really certain things that you have to really fine-tune and say, 'Am I deserving to be a Super Bowl-winning quarterback?" I was trying to get the proper treatment, overtreatment. "It's just not getting better'".
"I'm looking at my life right now and I'm saying, 'I'm missing one thing: I want a Super Bowl, '" Newton told high school players at his annual 7-on-7 passing tournament, via the Charlotte Observer. "It wasn't as swollen as it was during the season so they could see and it showed up as a partially torn rotator cuff".
Newton said he expected to be close to 100 percent in the next two weeks, and expects to be a full-go by the time training camp rolls around for the Panthers. "Hopefully, with no setbacks, we'll be good".
- Amnesty warns that May-DUP negotiations must not undermine abortion law reform
- Matthieu Delormeau en froid avec les chroniqueurs ? Sa mise au point — TPMP
- Supreme Court battle over political districts unlikely to affect California's system
- Why Lakers Prefer Lonzo Ball Over D'Angelo Russell As Team Leader
- BMW announces $600M expansion as it celebrates 25 years
- Donald Trump welcomes 'true friend' as PM Modi arrives in Washington
- The Case for and Against The Home Depot, Inc. (HD)
- Fire crews battle blaze at apartment complex near Seminole Heights
- President Trump Very Kindly Defends 'Crazy Bernie Sanders'
- Blockading countries send list of 13 demands to Qatar