Store Capital's stock price is getting a huge boost from everyone's favorite Nebraskan investor.
STORE Capital Corporation (NYSE: STOR), an internally managed net-lease real estate investment trust (REIT) that invests in Single Tenant Operational Real Estate, today announced that Berkshire Hathaway has invested $377 million in the company, representing 9.8% of total shares outstanding. The company issued 18.6 million shares via a private placement at $20.25 per share.
"Berkshire Hathaway's investment solidly positions Store for continued growth", Christopher Volk, the chief executive officer of the REIT, said in the statement. However, after the news of the Berkshire Hathaway investment, shares have risen 10 percent in early Monday trading.
Berkshire Hathaway did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The investment makes it Store's third-largest investor, after Vanguard Group and Fidelity.
The Scottsdale, Ariz., based real estate firm announced Berkshire Hathaway's investment on Monday.
Magic has high hopes for No. 1 draft pick Ball
Ball's name was called by commissioner Adam Silver to be the latest member of a young Lakers core. "Come see me when he does, I'll have another hat on that says 'I told ya so'".
Its specialties include sale-leaseback transactions, where owners sell properties and lease them back, freeing up sale proceeds to invest elsewhere.
STORE Capital plans to use the funds to repay debt, to fund property acquisitions and for working capital and other general corporate purposes.
Berkshire's other investments tied to real estate include HomeServices of America, the second-largest USA residential real estate brokerage, and Clayton Homes, which makes manufactured housing.
Berkshire Hathaway Inc is a holding company owning subsidiaries engaged in various business activities.
- White House blames Obama for failing to stop Russia collusion
- Trump to welcome India's prime minister to White House
- South Africa's AB de Villiers 'to decide on worldwide future in August'
- Alerte au requin bleu près des plages de Majorque
- Court lets travel ban mostly go into effect
- John McDonnell: Grenfell fire victims were 'murdered by political decisions'
- Rory Best to captain Lions against Hurricanes on Tuesday
- Avis teams up with Waymo on self-driving car program
- Contacts pour Hakan Calhanoglu (Bayer Leverkusen) — Milan AC
- India Celebrates the Third International Yoga Day -2017 Today