The factory employs more than 9,000 people, with another 1,000 jobs to be added through that same year.
CNBC reported the automaker is looking to increase annual production rate in SC to as many 450,000 vehicles. The Spartanburg plant also is getting ready for production of the all-new X7, which will debut late next year.
Krueger says the expansion will boost the company's workforce there to more than 10,000 people.
Rory Best to captain Lions against Hurricanes on Tuesday
Steve Hansen phoned a local radio station in New Zealand , Radio Sport , to call the Lions coach "desperate". Warren Gatland poked the bear, and sure enough it stirred, and roared.
The model has been a bright spot for BMW in the USA this year, with sales jumping 30 percent through May amidst a largely flat luxury market.
The German automaker is unveiling the revamped X3 sport utility vehicle at its plant in Spartanburg, South Carolina, to celebrate the 25-year anniversary of its US factory.
"Today's celebration is the culmination of the hard work of so many, and the fact that one of our most valued corporate citizens is continuing to invest in South Carolinians is a testament to the excellence and innovation this partnership has fostered for decades, and will continue to for many more", he said.
- Arconic ends Reynobond PE sales for high-rises after Grenfell fire
- Police thwart terrorist plot at Islam's holiest site
- Court lets travel ban mostly go into effect
- 27 towers evacuated in England after failure in fire alarm tests
- Trump to welcome India's prime minister to White House
- Iran's Rouhani says siege of Qatar 'unacceptable'
- Donald Trump welcomes 'true friend' as PM Modi arrives in Washington
- BMW X3 gets an early reveal
- Avis teams up with Waymo on self-driving car program
- White House blames Obama for failing to stop Russia collusion