The factory employs more than 9,000 people, with another 1,000 jobs to be added through that same year.
CNBC reported the automaker is looking to increase annual production rate in SC to as many 450,000 vehicles. The Spartanburg plant also is getting ready for production of the all-new X7, which will debut late next year.
Krueger says the expansion will boost the company's workforce there to more than 10,000 people.
27 towers evacuated in England after failure in fire alarm tests
Downing Street sources said she is likely to hear how numerous country's high rises are swathed in potentially flammable material. At least 79 people died inside the furnace that that the Grenfell Tower turned into after it caught fire on June 14.
The model has been a bright spot for BMW in the USA this year, with sales jumping 30 percent through May amidst a largely flat luxury market.
The German automaker is unveiling the revamped X3 sport utility vehicle at its plant in Spartanburg, South Carolina, to celebrate the 25-year anniversary of its US factory.
"Today's celebration is the culmination of the hard work of so many, and the fact that one of our most valued corporate citizens is continuing to invest in South Carolinians is a testament to the excellence and innovation this partnership has fostered for decades, and will continue to for many more", he said.
- Trump to welcome India's prime minister to White House
- Buffett's company buys 10 pct of real estate investment firm
- Toni Nadal lauds `brilliant` Rafa post record 10th French Open triumph
- Iran's Rouhani says siege of Qatar 'unacceptable'
- Banques italiennes: opérations coûteuses, mais espoir d'améliorer la stabilité
- Soupçons d'emplois fictifs en Corse: l'ex-député Giacobbi en garde à vue
- Chômage : Les premiers chiffres du quinquennat Macron dévoilés
- Arconic ends Reynobond PE sales for high-rises after Grenfell fire
- India Celebrates the Third International Yoga Day -2017 Today
- Vehicle hits pedestrians in Newcastle