(NASDAQ:CAR) today announced that it has signed an agreement with Waymo, an Alphabet Inc. company, to offer fleet support and maintenance services for Waymo's self-driving auto program at Avis vehicle Rental and Budget auto Rental locations.
Waymo unveils a self-driving Chrysler Pacifica minivan during the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan, U.S., January 8, 2017.
Autonomous ride-hailing services are being viewed by auto and tech companies as a potential gold mine in a near future where vehicle ownership is losing its luster.
Alerte au requin bleu près des plages de Majorque
Potentiellement dangereux pour l'homme, le requin bleu ne l'attaque qu'en de très rares occasions. La Méditerranée abrite environ 50 espèces de squales, la plupart inoffensives.
Under the multi-year agreement, Avis Budget Group will enhance selected rental facilities to offer automotive services and secure parking for Waymo's fleet. The project has been spun off from Google's self-driving auto project, and Waymo is using a fleet of adapted Chrysler Pacifica hybrid minivans to flawless its self-driving technology. Area residents who want to use the service, which would operate like a taxi service, can apply to Waymo to become participants.
Waymo will own the autonomous test fleet and will pay Avis to look after the vehicles. The collaboration with Avis will initially support that program.
Avis Budget Group operates 11,000 rental locations around the world. "With thousands of locations around the world, Avis Budget Group can help us bring our technology to more people, in more places". Avis Budget Group also owns the vehicle sharing company Zipcar which rents cars out for short periods of time from parking garages and other locations.
- Amazon Echo now on sale for $50 off
- Featured Stock Overview: BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)
- Iran's Rouhani says siege of Qatar 'unacceptable'
- Trump to welcome India's prime minister to White House
- 27 towers evacuated in England after failure in fire alarm tests
- Insight: Syrians fear new Raqqa turmoil once Islamic State is defeated
- Un énorme salaire proposé à Mbappé — Monaco
- Contacts pour Hakan Calhanoglu (Bayer Leverkusen) — Milan AC
- Banques italiennes: opérations coûteuses, mais espoir d'améliorer la stabilité
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes