(NASDAQ:CAR) today announced that it has signed an agreement with Waymo, an Alphabet Inc. company, to offer fleet support and maintenance services for Waymo's self-driving auto program at Avis vehicle Rental and Budget auto Rental locations.
Waymo unveils a self-driving Chrysler Pacifica minivan during the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan, U.S., January 8, 2017.
Autonomous ride-hailing services are being viewed by auto and tech companies as a potential gold mine in a near future where vehicle ownership is losing its luster.
Banques italiennes: opérations coûteuses, mais espoir d'améliorer la stabilité
Mais Intesa déboursera 60 millions d'euros pour compenser les pertes de petits épargnants détenant des obligations subordonnées. Selon les experts, les établissements financiers détiendraient encore 360 milliards d'euros de créances douteuses.
Under the multi-year agreement, Avis Budget Group will enhance selected rental facilities to offer automotive services and secure parking for Waymo's fleet. The project has been spun off from Google's self-driving auto project, and Waymo is using a fleet of adapted Chrysler Pacifica hybrid minivans to flawless its self-driving technology. Area residents who want to use the service, which would operate like a taxi service, can apply to Waymo to become participants.
Waymo will own the autonomous test fleet and will pay Avis to look after the vehicles. The collaboration with Avis will initially support that program.
Avis Budget Group operates 11,000 rental locations around the world. "With thousands of locations around the world, Avis Budget Group can help us bring our technology to more people, in more places". Avis Budget Group also owns the vehicle sharing company Zipcar which rents cars out for short periods of time from parking garages and other locations.
- Vehicle hits pedestrians in Newcastle
- 27 towers evacuated in England after failure in fire alarm tests
- BMW X3 gets an early reveal
- Un énorme salaire proposé à Mbappé — Monaco
- Contacts pour Hakan Calhanoglu (Bayer Leverkusen) — Milan AC
- India Celebrates the Third International Yoga Day -2017 Today
- Republican senator has 'very serious' concerns on U.S. health-care bill
- Arconic ends Reynobond PE sales for high-rises after Grenfell fire
- New Hampshire among states with GOP redistricting advantage
- Chômage : Les premiers chiffres du quinquennat Macron dévoilés