But although Murray has still been backed to deliver at Wimbledon, with former world No Greg Rusedski arguing that the defeat by Thompson was "blown out of proportion", the Scot has looked far from his best for much of the season.
The world no 1 will take to The Hurlingham Club on Tuesday, June 27, to pit his abilities against 23-year-old Frenchman Pouille.
"(Muller) is going to be the first guy that I'm going to meet, apart from (John) Isner, serving and volleying, and obviously with his lefty serve he's really dominant on his service games on grass. But first of all, I have to play a final tomorrow'.
"I think winning the Davis Cup was a huge, huge moment because they did it together". I think we'd probably quite like to.
"Obviously now it's too hard for him because singles is obviously a big priority, and physically it's so demanding".
Alleged NSW 'drug kingpin' to face court
But on Monday, Darren Rispen, 42, was arrested in broad daylight outside a supermarket in Nelson Bay's main street. He was taken to Raymond Terrace Police Station, where he will be charged with the arrest warrant.
Jamie took the Wimbledon mixed doubles title alongside Jelena Jankovic in 2007 and won the Australian Open and US Open with his current partner, Bruno Soares, past year as he reached top spot in the rankings.
'So that was my best year on grass - well not my best year because I reached the quarters at Wimbledon a few times.
Benneteau added: "You were too good today".
With less than 10 days to go before Wimbledon 2017 commences, the bookmakers have revealed their favourites to win the tournament.
- 60 tours britanniques classées comme dangereuses — Incendie de Londres
- Supreme Court revives parts of Trump travel ban order
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' debuts to franchise low at box office
- Trump budget chief sees Fed continuing accommodative rate policy
- Suns forward Marquese Chriss named to NBA's All-Rookie Second Team
- Elle loue son propre appartement sur Airbnb pour chasser son locataire malhonnête
- Salve de tweets de Trump qui exige "des excuses" — Affaire russe
- Colombian ferry with 150 passengers aboard sinks in reservoir
- Modi US Visit: Modi Invites Top US Companies To Invest In India
- UK prime minister wins N Ireland party's support govt