But although Murray has still been backed to deliver at Wimbledon, with former world No Greg Rusedski arguing that the defeat by Thompson was "blown out of proportion", the Scot has looked far from his best for much of the season.
The world no 1 will take to The Hurlingham Club on Tuesday, June 27, to pit his abilities against 23-year-old Frenchman Pouille.
"(Muller) is going to be the first guy that I'm going to meet, apart from (John) Isner, serving and volleying, and obviously with his lefty serve he's really dominant on his service games on grass. But first of all, I have to play a final tomorrow'.
"I think winning the Davis Cup was a huge, huge moment because they did it together". I think we'd probably quite like to.
"Obviously now it's too hard for him because singles is obviously a big priority, and physically it's so demanding".
La sœur de l'Asvel se nomme Lyon Asvel féminin — Basket
Personnellement impliqués dans le recrutement chez les hommes comme chez les femmes, Tony Parker et Nicolas Batum ont déjà sérieusement renforcé Lyon Asvel Féminin .
Jamie took the Wimbledon mixed doubles title alongside Jelena Jankovic in 2007 and won the Australian Open and US Open with his current partner, Bruno Soares, past year as he reached top spot in the rankings.
'So that was my best year on grass - well not my best year because I reached the quarters at Wimbledon a few times.
Benneteau added: "You were too good today".
With less than 10 days to go before Wimbledon 2017 commences, the bookmakers have revealed their favourites to win the tournament.
- La métamorphose de Camélia Jordana qui choque les internautes
- Trump budget chief sees Fed continuing accommodative rate policy
- Germany ease into Confederations Cup semi-finals
- State of Origin series goes to a decider
- Samsung Posts Growth In Q1 2017 Wearable Sales, Beats Fitbit
- Wettlaufer sentencing hearing begins Monday
- PSG : le clan Motta prévient Henrique
- 'Transformers' tops box office but is biggest in China
- Trump Acknowledges Russian Election 'Meddling' in Tweet Criticizing Obama
- Rihanna's Tweeting at World Leaders Asking Them to Fund Education