Perhaps unintentionally, it also began decades of fan theories and speculation about certain unanswered questions within the film, including the whereabouts of Andy's father. The general consensus has been that either Andy's parents are divorced, or his dad died. As a kid, Andy Sr. was poor, bullied and a huge fan of the TV show "Woody's Roundup".
If you've been hearing a very sad backstory about Andy's dad in Toy Story passing away after battling polio, don't believe it. Since Toy Story 4 does not come out for another two years (June 21, 2019), Andrew is on the relatively short list of people who knows what happens next for Woody, Buzz, and the gang, as well as what happened behind the scenes to Andy and his family in that highly-anticipated installment. He was the only kid in the world who had one because he'd received a one-of-a-kind prototype from the cereal company.
The so-called "true story about Andy's dad" in Toy Story has been debunked by Toy Story writer Andrew Stanton as "complete and utter fake news".
Trois personnes poignardées aux urgences d'un hôpital — Seine-Saint-Denis
Ces violences pourraient avoir été commises à la suite d'un " mauvais regard " émis en direction de l'agresseur. Trois personnes ont reçu des coups de couteau alors qu'elles étaient en train de patienter aux urgences.
I'd say that it doesn't matter because none of this is real and Andy's family are cartoon characters, so they can have whatever dang back story you want, but I'd probably get hate mail from die-hard Pixar Stans, so I won't.
Of course, it's possible that Ranft, the film's story supervisor, simply spitballed some ideas with Mozart, which never made their way anywhere close to the actual script. Inside, he finds Slinky, Mr. Potato Head and a familiar smiling cowboy with a drawstring on his back. They moved into Andy's grandparents' house to survive, which means the child pictures on the walls were actually of Andy's dad (makes sense, since he's wearing glasses).
Did you get taken in by it, Perezcious readers?! But before he passed on, Andy Sr. gave his son the key to his trunk where his three childhood toys were locked up. Andy heads up there and grabs the chest, but by the time he returns downstairs. his father is dead. The trio of previously mentioned toys, still in hiding in the attic where his father placed them all those years ago, are passed on to Andy during his father's final moments, with the grieving child only discovering them after his dad's funeral. It's a fitting story, and it does suit the emotional content you'd expect from Pixar - while offering a few answers to long-standing Pixar mysteries. Hope you've got an extra box of Kleenex handy.
- Louis Tomlinson vents One Direction frustrations, describes himself as 'forgettable'
- Merkel challenger vows fight for "more justice" in Germany
- Nabriva Therapeutics AG (NBRV) Rating Increased to Hold at ValuEngine
- Trump authorises USA military to set troop levels in Afghanistan
- " "Une offre de " bien plus de 135 millions " pour Mbappé — PSG
- Former F1 great Massa warns Raikkonen, Bottas of team orders
- Bellator NYC: Chael Sonnen Smothers Wanderlei Silva
- France's 'new boy' Macron a qualified hit at first European Union summit
- South Africa beat England to level series
- Hard work 'worthwhile' for fans to celebrate National Basketball Association title — Warriors GM