So Arsenal fans everywhere will be hoping that the Metro report suggesting that Real Madrid could be ready to sell the Wales global star to Manchester United in order to fund their transfer pursuit of the Monaco and France forward, and Arsenal target, Kylian Mbappe is wide of the mark.
The forward has quickly become one of the most highly rated talents in world football and is being tipped for greatness.
Real Madrid seem to be the most likely destination for the teenager given the appeal of joining the biggest club in Europe coupled with the opportunity to work with Zinedine Zidane, but it remains to be seen whether or not he can be persuaded otherwise.
The Wales global is said to be the player most at risk of being offloaded by the Spanish giants to make room for rumoured top target Kylian Mbappe.
That's according to Steve Nicol who reckons Real Madrid are firm favourites for the Monaco sensation.
Hirving Lozano heads Mexico into Confederations Cup semi-finals
The current world champions Germany, and winners of the Asian Cup Australia gave a thrilling 5-point game on Monday. They cheered when Ronaldo was on the big screens, even during Portugal's national anthem.
As it stands, Arsenal have been linked with Mbappe but no one outside England is taking their bid very seriously.
Newcastle United are closing in on their first major signing of the summer with Rafa Benitez agreeing an £8.7m fee for Eibar's 26-year-old defender Florian Lejeune.
The 28-year-old has one cap for Belgium and spent last season playing for Ports in the Portuguese League.
The Reds often played Roberto Firmino in the centre-forward role last season but there is no doubt that he is more effective in an attacking midfield role or out wide, and Jurgen Klopp will be looking for that striker to play through the middle this summer.
But it is believed they spoke about a potential move to the Emirates as well as a plan for the striker's whole career.
- At least 100 killed after leaking oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur
- Was terrified of Michael Bay, says Josh Duhamel
- Meira Kumar: Here's all you need to know about Opposition's presidential nominee
- Roland-Garros: monstrueux, Rafael Nadal bascule dans la 10e dimension
- Cristiano Ronaldo confident for Confederations Cup final
- What the British & Irish Lions learned in rout of Chiefs
- Parsing through the details of the GOP's health care bill
- West Virginia Prepares For Flash Floods Amid Vast Storm
- William Byron wins in Iowa for first Xfinity victory
- Whole Foods Doesn't Have a 'Tinder Relationship' With Amazon, Its CEO Clarifies