Capitol Police spokeswoman Eva Malecki said numerous demonstrators removed themselves from their wheelchairs and lay down on the floor, blocking the hallway.
Four Republican senators say they are not ready to vote for the GOP health care bill, putting the measure in jeopardy.
The AHCA would cap and cut Medicaid, something that would have severe repercussions for Americans with disabilities.
The demonstration was organized by ADAPT, a national disability rights organization, CNN reported. And small tweaks over the course of the next couple weeks, under the guise of making these bills easier to stomach, can not change the fundamental meanness at the core of this legislation.
Les Françaises retrouvent l'Espagne en finale de l'Euro — Basket
Dans l'équipe actuelle, Céline Dumerc et Endy Miyem sont les deux seules à avoir une médaille d'or dans leur collection. Pour la troisième fois d'affilée, les Braqueuses ont offert à la France une place en finale de l'Euro Basket féminin.
The Republicans can have no more than two senators not vote for the bill if it is to pass.
Medical groups are beginning to weigh in on the Senate Republican health care bill, and they have problems with the proposal. "Many of the people with disabilities were forcible removed".
"These are literally people outside who are taking over McConnell's office who are on ventilators and wheelchairs", she said.
Some witnesses have claimed one of the protesters who was removed was dropped..
An analysis from the Congressional Budget Office indicates that the bill passed by the House would lead to $834 billion less in Medicaid spending over 10 years. Disabled patients who rely on Medicaid for their essential and life-saving care hoped that they might find some compassion and mercy from the Republicans intent on gutting their health care.
The protesters, some of whom were in wheelchairs, were there to voice their opposition to health care legislation that would make deep cuts to Medicaid. "It's going to take away care for our seniors" and "from millions of people across the country", to "give another massive tax cut for the wealthy and well-connected".
- President, PM greet countrymen on Eid
- Russia warships, submarine strike IS targets in Syria
- Mario Balotelli signs new one-year deal with Nice
- Karen Handel to be sworn in Monday
- Sanchez becomes Chile's all-time leading scorer
- Potential Impact Of 'Game Changing' Move As Amazon Buys Whole Foods
- Did Suns Have Something To Do With Josh Jackson Skipping Celtics Workout?
- India's Modi in Washington for 'no frills' Trump meet
- South Africa beat England in thriller to level T20 series
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes