The 76ers selected guard Markelle Fultz on Thursday night with the No. 1 pick and the Lakers followed by taking Ball, the start of a record-setting run of one-and-dones in the National Basketball Association draft. With the 2017 National Basketball Association draft now in the rearview mirror, it's time to look at some of the teams that mostly disappointed.
The Los Angeles Lakers have the second pick in the draft and are expected to select University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) standout Lonzo Ball. And it became a foregone conclusion that they would draft the Washington point guard after moving up two spots in a trade Monday with the Boston Celtics.
With the seventh pick the Chicago Bulls claimed Lauri Markkanen of Finland, who played college ball at Arizona.
"Tonight was supposed to be a good night".
One-third United States adults interested in Apple HomePod
It is unusual that the Cupertino tech giant has to rely on other speaker makers like Sonos or Bose to stream its music services. Apple's marketing chief Phil Schiller said the HomePod will work closely with the iOS Music app, which I am sure it will.
Silver has talked about changing the NBA's limit, saying the current rule that American-born players must be 19 and a year out of high school, but teams seem just fine with the current system.
"It's a very loaded class and I feel like especially whichever guys go at the top four, five, there may not be that much separation between (them) because everybody's just so talented", Tatum said.
That's one of the things to watch from Barclays Center, where the record for freshmen taken in the first round could fall.
The top 10 was rounded out with two more freshmen: Dennis Smith Jr. of North Carolina State to Dallas at No. 9, and Gonzaga's Zach Collins at No. 10 with the Kings' second pick.
The Lakers sent Russell and Russian center Timofey Mozgov to the Brooklyn Nets for center Brook Lopez and the rights to forward Kyle Kuzma, the 27th pick in the draft, out of Utah. Another team of interest would have to be the Portland Trail Blazers, who have three first-round picks out side of the top-14 lottery part of the draft.
- US Plans to Sell Drones to Indian Navy
- Sinn Féin and DUP called out over Brexit
- Twin blasts rock market in Pakistan's north-west, 15 killed
- USA emphasizes shared concerns over North Korea after China meeti
- In Brussels, weakened May to outline guarantees for European Union expats in Britain
- Shares Trading down at $14.66 (AXL) AAM Recognizes Key Suppliers with…
- Child dies following mass food poisoning outbreak in Mosul refugee camp
- Will inform when I decide: Rajinikanth on political entry
- Adam, 5 ans, est recherché — ALERTE ENLÈVEMENT
- Jurors resume deliberations in OH officer's murder retrial