Some 5,000 birds died of the highly contagious disease and the remainder at the 24,000-birds farm was in the process of being culled, the ministry said.
"After it leaves our borders, the sanitary requirements can not be guaranteed".
"Producers need to chlorinate and filter water from [the] open water sources on their farms used to water their poultry, as [this] could have been contaminated with avian influenza [through] wild birds", Nkuna said.
"This particular strain of the disease has been in Europe for well over a year and it hasn't caused any problems for people". In May, it was isolated in Zimbabwe.
There's been an outbreak on a farm near the Vaal River on the border between Gauteng and Mpumalanga.
Belgian Prosecutors Say Brussels Bomb Suspect Was Moroccan
Belgian soldiers patrolling a major train station in Brussels have killed a suspected suicide bomber following an explosion. Mr Van Herrewegen described the suspect as well-built and tanned with short hair, wearing a white shirt and jeans.
However, the government can not stop wild birds from migrating from Zimbabwe to South Africa.
The South African Poultry Association's Kevin Lovell says human beings are safe.
"At this stage, there is a very limited impact on chicken supply", Sapa assured, noting that the birds affected account for a "very small percentage" of the total South African chicken flock.
H5N8 is not unsafe to humans, and the birds affected comprise a very small percentage of the total South African chicken flock. "The department has agreed with the company to euthanise the birds in affected houses in collaboration with the National Council of Societies for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (NSPCA)", read the statement.
"We [SAPA] will wait for the neighbouring countries to decide what they want to do", Nkuna said.
- F1: Red Bull take top two spots in Azerbaijan practice
- Lakers GM compares Lonzo Ball to Brady, Rodgers
- Dennis Rodman Says We're All Misunderstanding Kim Jong
- "Un peu insultant" d'avoir Ferrand et Sarnez présidents de groupe — Accoyer
- Où sont les preuves — Affaire Grégory
- Police 'are considering manslaughter charges' over the London tower blaze
- Carrie Fisher had multiple drugs in her system when she died
- Gorkhas of Arunachal rally for Gorkhaland
- NASA's Kepler space telescope spots 219 new potential planets
- Formula 1 in Baku organized very well: German tourist