Former Indian cricketer and renowned commentator Ravi Shastri has sought a guarantee of selection from Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) as next coach of the Indian team before formally applying for the post, it emerged on Thursday.
Kumble had resigned from the post of the India's head coach after a fallout with Indian captain Virat Kohli.
The BCCI had extended Kumble's contract to the end of the Windies tour, though his contract was originally up at the end of the Champions Trophy.
Almost one year after being appointed as the coach of the side, Kumble chose to step down from the post shortly after India's Champions Trophy 2017 campaign which saw them finish as the runners-up to arch-rivals Pakistan in a one-sided final.
He also guided India to one-day global series wins over New Zealand and England with losses coming only in a Twenty20 series against the West Indies and in last week's Champions Trophy final, where they lost to Pakistan.
[VIDÉO] La fille de Dave Grohl rock autant que son père
Vendredi 16 juin, les Foofighter donnaient un concert enflammé au Secret Solstice Festival en Islande. On ne sait pas encore si Harper sera de la partie.
"Before the Sri Lanka tour, the coach will be appointed and it will be the best coach for India", said Shukla. But BCCI chose to give it a try and named Kumble as the coach for West Indies tour.
However, there are some who believe that what Kumble did was right and that it was the job of the coach to tell the players where they were lacking and the areas they should improve.
However, during the final meeting between Anil Kumble and Virat Kohli, Kumble realised that the damage was beyond fix and hence tendered his resignation on June 20, 2017.
Soon after Kumble's appointment, Kohli had tweeted on June 23 a year ago, greeting him with a smiley and expressed hopes of a great future under his guidance. "And we all respect him totally", Kohli very consciously made it clear that he won't talk about coach Kumble's role.
"It's his opinion, which I respect".
The Indian team is presently in Trinidad to play their first ODI match against Windies in a five match series. Sehwag is one of the front runners to replace him even though the BCCI has invited fresh applications for the post. "The assignment of the new head coach will be till the next World Cup to be held in June 2019 in England", said BCCI acting president CK Khanna.
- Max Verstappen tops Azerbaijan F1 Grand Prix practice
- Bottas fastest ahead of Raikkonen in final practice in Baku
- Code gagnant mymillion: Résultat euromillions vendredi 23 juin 2017
- 1 dead, 4 injured after Florida block party turns violent
- Sean Spicer finally talked to Donald Trump about Russian Federation , who 'probably' interfered
- Hamilton 'so pumped' after 'exciting' pole lap
- Sanchez breaks Chile scoring record in Germany draw
- Russian Federation face decisive match against Mexico at Confed Cup
- Markelle Fultz fixes pre-made Instagram ad post after getting drafted
- Importante saisie d'amphétamines à Calais