Srikanth Kidambi continued his confident play as he notched up a thrilling 25-23, 21-17 victory over compatriot B Sai Praneeth to advance to the semi-finals of the Crown Group Australian Open 2017 Superseries in Sydney on Friday. Srikanth made it to the semi-finals with a 25-23, 21-17 win in a match that lasted for 43 minutes.
Saina Nehwal lost to sixth seeded Chinese shuttler Sun Yu, 17-21, 21-10, 17-21, to bow out of the tournament as well.
Sindhu saw off Indonesia Super Series Premier champion Sayaka Sato of Japan 21-17 14-21 21-18 in a match that lasted an hour and five minutes.
Returning from injury, Kashyap too gave Son Wan Ho of Korea a run for his money before losing the duel 21-18 14-21 21-15 in an energy-sapping match that last more than an hour.
Srikanth, who entered the tournament on the back of his maiden Indonesia Super Series Premier title, has defeated Wan Ho for the second time in two weeks.
Srikanth played a patient game and didn't allow his rival to take part in any quick paced rally.
Formula 1 in Baku organized very well: German tourist
Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen and Vettel finished fourth and fifth in practice, respectively, while Hamilton could only manage 10. The width of the widest part of the track is 13 meters, and the narrowest part is 7.6 meters between the turns 7 and 8.
Praneeth pulled away with four consecutive points after that point, but Srikanth again fought back to take a 20-17 lead, before the former drew level again, to take the game into a tie-breaker.
This is world No.1 Ying's seventh win in 10 meetings with Sindhu and the third on the trot.
However, World No 16 Praneeth carries an incredible 5-1 advantage over World No 11 Srikanth.
Srikanth will play the victor of the second quarter-final match between Shi Yuqi of China and Denmark's Hans-Kristian Vittinghus.
In the second game, Saina surged ahead taking six straight points to lead 7-3 and went to the break at 11-4. Manu Attri and B. Sumeeth Reddy were also beaten by Japanese pair of Takeshi Kamura and Keigo Sonoda 20-22, 6-21 in a 34 minute match.
- Raikkonen prepared to sacrifice himself to help Vettel
- Bottas remains uncertain about Mercedes
- Dennis Rodman Says We're All Misunderstanding Kim Jong
- The Performance Food Group Co (PFGC) Insider Sells $2885106.00 in Stock
- Showers, scattered storms expected Friday; Tropical moisture Saturday
- Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT) Getting Favorable Media Coverage, Analysis Finds
- Carrie Fisher had multiple drugs in her system when she died
- South African farmers urged to check poultry for bird flu
- Remaniement: Découvrez les nouveaux ministres du gouvernement "Philippe II"
- Le deuxième gouvernement de la présidence Macron annoncé