House Chief Deputy Whip Patrick McHenry organized a blood drive Tuesday in support of Scalise and the other victims of last week's shooting.
The Louisiana Republican was one of several people shot on Wednesday morning during a practice for a Congressional baseball game. "This Father's Day has special meaning for the Scalise family, and they send their best wishes to every family, especially the dads".
In family photos accompanying Sunday's Twitter post, Scalise is seen smiling as he enjoys everyday moments with his wife, son and daughter. "We need to take that spirit and go from two teams to one team for America".
House Majority Whip Steve Scalise has been upgraded to fair condition as he recovers from a gunshot wound that almost took his life last week.
Pelosi Insists She Won't Step Down as Leader
Trump, who spoke to the network Thursday at the White House , touted the recent Republican victory in a Georgia special election . Trump seems to enjoy the focus on Pelosi, taking another jab Friday after tweeting about her the day before.
On June 17, the last time the hospital provided an update, the hospital said his condition was "serious", and that he had undergone another surgery but was continuing to improve.
Law enforcement officials identified the shooter as 66-year-old James Hodgkinson of Belleville, Illinois, who later died from injuries sustained during a shootout with police on the scene.
Federal Bureau of Investigation officials said Hodgkinson acted alone and had checked if it were Republicans or Democrats practicing at the field in Alexandria, Virginia prior to shooting.
- American International Group Inc. Increases Position in Liberty Property Trust (LPT)
- Celebrating The Dignity of Work: President Trump Signs Executive Order Promoting Apprenticeships
- MiMedx Group, Inc (MDXG) Receives Average Recommendation of "Buy" from Brokerages
- Amid criticism, Nancy Pelosi says she's 'confident' most Democrats have her back
- Four dead, 10 injured in Pakistan blast
- Guest Editorial…Comey's testimony exposes the 'lies, plain and simple'
- Cuba rejects Donald Trump's 'hostile rhetoric'
- Police officer beaten to death in Indian-occupied Kashmir
- Today's Brokerage Rating: Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DAL), Laredo Petroleum, Inc. (LPI)
- One week. 52 senators. Can Mitch McConnell get it done?