At least 30 people were killed and over 100 injured, with fears of casualties rising, after two subsequent explosions hit a densely populated area of Kurram Agency's Parachinar city Friday evening. Army and paramilitary personnel have set up checkpoints on all routes leading to the town and visitors and vehicles go through extensive search and identification process.
Multiple blasts killed at least 26 people and wounded dozens in two Pakistani cities on the last Friday of Ramadan, Islam's holiest month, as officials warned the toll could rise.
He says authorities are transporting the dead and wounded to hospitals.
On March 31 this year, the city had suffered a similar tragedy when 23 people were killed in a auto bomb blast near an Imambargah at midday. It was claimed by both the local affiliate of the Islamic State group and by Jamaat-ul-Ahrar (JuA), an offshoot of the Pakistani Taliban, according to the SITE monitoring group.
No 'wider plot' suspected in airport stabbing
Ftouhi also says something similar to "you have killed people in Syria, Iraq , and Afghanistan, and we are all going to die". Amor Ftouhi , 49, a citizen of Canada and Tunisia, has been charged with violence at an worldwide airport, officials said .
The blasts were in a market and went off within three minutes of each other, senior government official Wazir Khan Wazir said. Nine security officials were among the wounded, said Fareed Sumalan, a doctor at the hospital. Islamic State Khorasan Province, the Middle Eastern group's affiliate in Afghanistan and Pakistan, has been known to work with the myriad of Pakistani militant groups in previous attacks, including with JuA.
No group claimed responsibility for the Parachinar blasts.
The first attack took place this morning outside the office of the police chief in southwestern Quetta, capital of the Balochistan province. Separatist rebels are battling government forces while Taliban and other militant Islamist groups also operate there.
That attack prompted Pakistan to boost security for Chinese nationals and other foreigners in the province, which is already one of the most militarised regions in the country.
- Comedian Bharti Singh to undergo surgery, will skip Nach Baliye 8 finals!
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho releases statement following tax fraud allegations
- SouFun Holdings Limited (NYSE:SFUN) Sale Analysis
- IOS 11 'Share Your WiFi' Feature Allows Connections Without A Password
- Germany vs Australia Preview: Youthful German squad prepare to face Socceroos test
- Trump signals he will work with Republican holdouts on health bill
- Celebrating The Dignity of Work: President Trump Signs Executive Order Promoting Apprenticeships
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Wells Fargo & Company MN Increases Stake in Curtiss-Wright Corporation (CW)
- United To The MAX