Heller expressed particular concerns about the bill's impact on Medicaid, and especially on states, such as Nevada, that expanded Medicaid under Obamacare. "And I'm announcing today that in this form, I simply will not support it".
Lynch said the shift in Medicaid funding - from 50-50 state and federal funding to roughly 70 percent funded by states - will be particularly devastating to states that took advantage of Obamacare's Medicaid expansion in recent years, including MA, saying: "Medicaid expansion, that'll kill MA".
"It's going to be very hard to get me to a yes", Heller said at a press conference in Las Vegas. "There isn't anything in this bill that would lower premiums". The estimate was released Friday by Arizona's Medicaid agency, which analyzed the effects of the legislation on the state health insurance program for low-income people.
Due to unanimous opposition from Democrats, Republican leaders can afford no more than two Republican defections for the bill to pass. "I will be voting no". The bill would create a new system of federal tax credits to help people buy health insurance, while offering states the ability to drop numerous benefits required by the ACA. That makes him the fifth senator to say so, the other four being Texas Sen.
Watch Women's World Cup online, on TV
Before this year's edition, England have hosted the tournament twice - in 1973 and in 1993, and both times they won the title. The women cricketers - do we even know them? "When it comes to 50 overs, it's all about a different mindset".
"What I've told leadership very clearly is I'm going to need time and my constituents are going to need time to evaluate exactly how this is going to affect them", Johnson said.
(AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin). People are removed from a sit-in outside of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's office as they protest proposed cuts to Medicaid, Thursday, June 22, 2017 on Capitol Hill in Washington.
"I don't believe that the president has specifically weighed in that it's right to cut Medicaid", Sanders said, adding that Trump will continue to negotiate with the Congress "until we get the best bill that we can".
- Des identitaires occupent un hôtel destiné à l'accueil des réfugiés — Isère
- Senate's version of health care plan is bad
- India must convince United States that New Delhi's rise is in American interest
- United States lays down gauntlet to China on N. Korea regime
- Ryan Bertrand grabs assist in England's defeat to France
- Tornado flattens buildings, flood threat lingers
- Russian warships fire cruise missiles at IS targets in Syria
- Dallas officer faces charge in shooting death of suspect
- Confederations Cup 2017: Mexico edge New Zealand to top group
- London homes evacuated on fire issues