Criticism after criticism that Republicans have lobbed at Democrats over the years about how the Affordable Care Act was passed apply to a far greater extent to the health-care bill the GOP leadership has been drafting covertly. It would let insurers provide fewer benefits, offer less generous subsidies than Obama to help people buy policies and end the statute's tax penalties on people who don't buy policies and on larger firms that don't offer coverage to workers. The estimate was released Friday by Arizona's Medicaid agency, which analyzed the effects of the legislation on the state health insurance program for low-income people. Three of them said they anxious it does not go far enough in repealing the ACA, known as Obamacare.
Small business owner Molly Connor is one of 70,000 Hoosiers who may lose her insurance on Indiana's exchange.
"It's going to be very hard to get me to a yes", he said.
As debate continues over the Senate health care bill, Senator Ron Johnson (R-Wisconsin) stood strong Friday in his decision not to vote for the bill as written. He supports the expansion of health savings accounts and giving Americans more freedom in choosing plans that are right for them.
This is a bill created to strip away healthcare benefits and protections from Americans who need it most, in order to give a tax break to the folks who need it least.
Di Maria sentenced to one year in prison for tax fraud
Real Madrid has denied reports that Jose Mourinho signed a contract to take over at the club before he left Inter Milan. Barcelona forward Lionel Messi had a tax-related trial a year ago .
KODJAK: But Caroline Pearson of the consulting firm Avalere Health says the bill bases its tax credits on lower-quality insurance.
If the bill passes, Schumer told Newsday, Long Island could see an estimated $1 billion in Medicaid cuts over the next four years, out of about a $7 billion hit statewide.
"The protections around preexisting conditions are still in place in the Senate bill, but the waiver authority gives states options that could include limiting coverage for people with preexisting conditions", says Pearson.
The Democrats oppose it and several Republican senators have objected, making its passage uncertain.
An analysis of the bill by the Congressional Budget Office, highlighting its expected costs and effectiveness, is expected early next week.
- George Clooney sells tequila company for up to $1 billion
- Guest Editorial…Comey's testimony exposes the 'lies, plain and simple'
- MiMedx Group, Inc (MDXG) Receives Average Recommendation of "Buy" from Brokerages
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW) Upgraded by BidaskClub to Hold
- Family affair: Lakers get Lonzo Ball and dad with No. 2 pick
- Hope Dems Don't Force Pelosi Out, Would Be 'Very Bad' for GOP
- Recent Analysts Ratings Hess Corporation (HES)
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Revenue Estimates Analysis Of Energy Transfer Equity, LP (ETE)
- Lakers' coaching staff full of Arizona Wildcats must take on Ball circus