Perrantes has agreed to a Summer League deal with the Miami Heat, Michael Scotto of Basketball Insiders tweeted early Friday morning, citing league sources.
The point guards now on Miami's roster include Goran Dragic (20.3 ppg, 5.8 apg, 3.8 rpg in 2016-17) and Tyler Johnson (13.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 3.2 apg), who can play both at the point and at shooting guard.
The Jones High School product left UCF as the program's all-time leader in threes made in a game (11), a season (126) and a career (274). His 126 triple in 2016-17 were the second most in the entire nation.
Celtics confirm they will trade No. 1 overall pick to the 76ers
He has proven he can provide solid defense; which would be beneficial matching up against players like LeBron James next season. However, the tide changed when they made a decision to give the Sixers the pick and instead tea the third slot in exchange.
Thursday night's NBA Draft saw 14 players taken from ACC schools, however none of them were from the University of Virginia.
The Heat will play Summer League games in both Orlando and Las Vegas. The Vegas portion of the NBA Summer League is slated for July 7-17 with games at Cox Pavilion and the Thomas and Mack Center.
Miami had just one draft pick in this week's draft, selecting Bam Adebayo out of Kentucky.
- United States lays down gauntlet to China on N. Korea regime
- Twins select Royce Lewis first overall
- South Korean leader observes missile test
- Twitter emojis of captains for Women's World Cup
- McConnell's calculation may be that he still wins by losing
- Nicholas Investment Partners LP Increases Holding in Melco Crown Entmt LTD (MPEL)
- Senate's version of health care plan is bad
- North Korea 'top security threat,' US & China officials agree
- Tornado flattens buildings, flood threat lingers
- London homes evacuated on fire issues