Lonzo Ball was hired as a point guard by the greatest point guard of all, and wouldn't you know it, he walked onto the stage without his stage dad in tow.
Mere seconds after Lonzo became a Laker, LaVar was back on camera in a purple and gold Big Baller Brand hat, boasting about what was next for the Ball family. His rights were sent to the Los Angeles Lakers for the rights to North Carolina center Tony Bradley, who was taken at No. 28, and the rights to Indiana's Thomas Bryan, who was taken at No. 42. "That's fine. Wherever I go that's where I'm supposed to be", Lonzo says. But the cool, calm, and collected son of LaVar Ball doesn't give any hints that he knows where he is going, despite the trade and virtually all mock drafts. "We played them twice".
Lonzo Ball usually grins or sighs when his father gets on the microphone, but he openly acknowledged he also wanted to land with the Lakers, who needed a fortunate showing in the draft lottery just to end up with the second pick.
"I will refrain from making any comment, but I'm totally different than LaVar Ball, I'll put it that way", said Lloyd Jackson, father of Justin, who won a national championship with North Carolina as a freshman.
Although the Lakers are certainly on the upswing, the playoffs might be a little further off than next season. Ball had a pre-draft workout with the Lakers and 'didn't blow them away, ' according to a June 12 Bleacher Report. We still have yet to see Simmons play an National Basketball Association game.
Health Care gains in danger!!
If all goes according to plan, she said, Republican leaders will bring the bill to President Donald Trump in July. He said that the debate is "about the character of our country - who we are, and who we aspire to be".
Ball receives comparisons to Jason Kidd for his offensive abilities.
Ball's play during his one season at UCLA has evoked much optimism about how that could translate over at the next level. This is just another example of that (though I'm not sure it's a good way to sell $495 shoes). 'I think our games can help each other out a lot. And I've never heard selfishness mentioned in the same sentence with Lonzo Ball.
Walton played 10 years in the National Basketball Association and won two titles with the Lakers.
Immediately after Lonzo was selected with the No. 2 pick of the 2017 National Basketball Association draft, LaVar said on ESPN: "Lonzo Ball is going to take the Lakers to the playoffs in his first year". The NBA instantly became a better, more entertaining place when Lonzo was drafted.
- Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi Comments on Bicameral Emoluments Lawsuit Against President Trump
- Hope Dems Don't Force Pelosi Out, Would Be 'Very Bad' for GOP
- Family affair: Lakers get Lonzo Ball and dad with No. 2 pick
- MiMedx Group, Inc (MDXG) Receives Average Recommendation of "Buy" from Brokerages
- Cuba rejects Donald Trump's 'hostile rhetoric'
- The Telecom plus PLC (TEP) PT Raised to GBX 1390
- Rep. Pete King: Georgia Win Should Tell Trump 'Don't Bother Tweeting'
- Experts Analysis on Share Price: Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (COG)
- Guest Editorial…Comey's testimony exposes the 'lies, plain and simple'
- Amid criticism, Nancy Pelosi says she's 'confident' most Democrats have her back